December 7, 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM @ City Hall
The City of South San Francisco and the Chamber of Commerce are planning for Santa’s arrival in South San Francisco on Saturday December 7, 2013 between 11a.m. and 3 p.m. arriving on a fire truck. Santa will be at City Hall to meet children. Families will have the opportunity to have one picture of their child, and can by bring their own camera as well for additional photos. Recreation staff will have a small gift, a hot beverage and the Police Explorers will assist with language translation and crowd control. We look forward to seeing you and welcoming Santa.
Thanks to Peninsula Progress Newspaper for the heads up on other local holiday ceremonies:
Tree Lighting Ceremonies:
* San Bruno – Thursday, December 5, 5:30 p.m. Veterans Memorial Recreation Center in San Bruno City Park. Visit with Santa, crafts for kids, refreshments, and St. Robert’s Choir will sing Christmas carols
* Burlingame – Friday, December 6, 5 p.m. City Hall. Parade on Howard after tree lighting. Live entertainment on Park Rd and Lorton Ave, visit with Santa, carolers, rides, refreshments.
* Half Moon Bay – Friday, December 6, 6 p.m. Mac Dutra Park, corner of Kelly and Main. Parade of Lights down Main Street, carolers and musical entertainment, roasted chestnuts and activities for the kids. Main St. shops stay open late for holiday shopping.
* Pacifica – Friday, December 6, 5:30 p.m. Pacifica Community Center, 540 Crespi Dr. Visit with Santa, refreshments, 4th & 5th Grade Cabrillo School Chorus, Elf Market craft fair.
* Millbrae – Saturday, December 7, 5:00 p.m. In front of Millbrae City Hall (Constitution Square). Holiday songs by Spring Valley Elementary School Chorus, refreshments. If you can, please bring an unwrapped, new toy to the event for the Millbrae Fire Department’s Toy Drive, or bring a clean, gently used jacket or coat for the One Warm Coat Project.
* Pacifica – Sunday, December 8, 4:00 p.m. Rockaway Beach. Park at the Community Center and enjoy a free San Francisco Trolley car ride to Rockaway Beach. Visit with Santa, Nestle’s Nesquik Bunny and Disney’s Belle and Snow White; crafts, pony rides, antique fire truck, caroling, refreshments.
* Daly City – Saturday, December 14, 4:00 p.m. Pacelli Event Center, 145 Lake Merced Blvd. Visit with Santa, crafts, carnival games, special performances, gift exchange and canned food drive.