Expect to see a bit of the much needed rainfall in the next few days. As with new rains, remember to allow yourself extra driving time as you slow down for slick roads. And lights must be on when your wipers are on – Travel safe folks.
An active storm pattern will impact the San Francisco and Monterey Bay Region into next week.
· High confidence for rain Friday night and Saturday. Moderate confidence for more rain early next week.
· Rain beginning in the North Bay Friday or Friday night, spreading south Saturday. More rain expected Monday with showers Tuesday.
· North Bay Friday night spreading to the San Francisco Bay Area Saturday morning and the Monterey Bay Area Saturday afternoon.
· No watches/warnings/advisories in effect at this time
*Impact 1 (Locally heavy rain Saturday):
· This storm has a subtropical moisture tap so rain could be locally heavy. Rainfall amounts of 2-4 inches possible in the North Bay Mountains…1-2 inches in the North Bay Valleys and Santa Cruz Mountains…1/2-1 inch in the San Francisco Bay Area…and 1/4-1/2 inch from the Monterey Bay Area South.
*Impact 2 (Possible widespread rainfall Monday):
· Another storm may bring additional rainfall to the area.