Overview- Monday Rain Event
Rain will develop in the North Bay by midday Monday and then overspread the Bay Area Monday afternoon and evening. Rain will reach as far south as the Monterey Bay Region and Big Sur Coast. Moderate rain for the evening commute…heaviest in the North Bay Hills.
· Moderate on timing of Rain
· High for Impacts
· This is the first emailing briefing for the Monday rain.
· Rain in the North Bay by midday or early afternoon
· Rain for the SF Peninsula and East Bay by mid-late afternoon.
· Rain for the South Bay and Monterey Bay region by late afternoon or early evening.
· Heaviest rain will be in the North Bay but rain is forecast for the entire Bay Area.
· No watches/warnings/advisories in effect at this time but here is a link to our weather graphic and 48 hour QPF forecast through Tuesday:
*Impact 1 (Wet Monday afternoon/evening commute) :
· Steady and moderate rain at times through the afternoon commute hours will likely lead to adverse impacts for the afternoon commute.
*Impact 2 (Minor urban flooding):
· Rain rates and intensity are forecast to be steady but not overwhelm storm drains. However, blocked or clogged storm drains will lead to localized flooding in low-lying urban locations.
*Impact 3 (No significant drought impact):
· Although beneficial the rain will not appreciably lower our Drought Status