This year’s STREETS ALIVE will include a community outreach to get YOUR views on how you would like to see our parks designed.
The Parks and Recreation Department will be hosting the first Master Plan Open House on Saturday, May 3 from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm at the Joseph Fernekes Building located at Orange Memorial Park (781 Tennis Drive). Please drop by during Farmer’s Market or the Streets Alive! Parks Alive! event and give us your feedback.
What is a Parks & Recreation Master Plan?
A Parks Master Plan is a strategic document. It studies the existing park system, facilities and recreation programming, and identifies a planning blueprint to improve, protect and expand the city’s network of parks, facilities and recreational services for the future.
The Parks and Recreation Master Plan will provide both a long-term vision for the city’s park system, and specific policies and standards to direct day-to-day decisions. It will set forth a framework that will allow the city to respond to new opportunities as they arise, and to ensure that adequate parks and recreation facilities meet the needs of the city’s future residents, employees, and visitors.
The Parks Master Plan will provide:
- Background and context for evaluating the existing parks system
- Inventory of existing parks and recreation facilities and programs
- Analysis of the needs of the current and future population
- Recommendations for improving and maintaining the existing park system
- Recommendations for acquiring additional properties for future park uses
- Strategy for meeting the need for, managing and maintaining recreational facilities
- Approach for implementation of improvements and long term maintenance
- Record of the community involvement in developing the park
For more information on the Parks and Recreation Master Plan click HERE
SSF General Plan (excerpts)
- Ch 3.5 East of 101
- Ch 4.2 Street Network, Classification, and Operations
- Ch 5.1 Parks, Recreation and Open Space
- Ch 5.2 Educational Facilities
- Ch 7.1 Habitat and Biological Resources Conservation
SSF Bicycle Master Plan (2011)
SSF Pedestrian Master Plan (2014)
SSF Parks and Recreation Leisure Guide (Winter 2014)
SSF Park, Recreation and Open Space master Plan (1990)
SSF Park, Recreation and Open Space Master Plan Update (1997)
Orange Memorial Park Draft Master Plan Update (2007)
[…] Parks & Recreation Open House – Community Workshop […]