CPUC HOSTS PUBLIC PARTICIPATION HEARINGS
THROUGHOUT CALIFORNIA TO HEAR FROM CONSUMERS
SAN FRANCISCO, August 7, 2014 — The California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) will hold a series of Public Participation Hearings throughout the state to hear directly from members of the public about cases at the CPUC related to electricity rates.
Restrictions on residential rate design were lifted after the signing of Assembly Bill 327 in October 2013, and utilities can now propose residential rates that are more reflective of cost. The CPUC is currently evaluating residential electric rate design change proposal that could include baseline percentage changes and time of use rates. The CPUC is holding a series of Public Participation Hearings in Phase 1 of its proceeding (R.12-06-013) to provide an opportunity for customers of Southern California Edison, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, and San Diego Gas & Electric to communicate directly with the CPUC about how proposed rate design changes, if approved, would impact them. The CPUC’s Public Advisor’s Office will be available at each Hearing to advise customers on reading their utility bills, to help resolve billing problems, to explain available programs to reduce costs to customers, and to distribute information about the CPUC and how to participate in CPUC proceedings. The Public Participation Hearings are as follows:
- September 16, 2014, 2 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.: Al Bahr Shriners Center, Upstairs Room, 5440 Kearny Mesa Rd., San Diego, CA 92111
- September 18, 2014, 2 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.: El Cajon City Council Chambers, 200 Civic Center Way, El Cajon, CA 92020
- September 23, 2014, 2 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.: CPUC Auditorium, 505 Van Ness Ave., San Francisco, CA 94102
- September 29, 2014, 2 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.: Fontana City Council Chambers, 8353 Sierra Ave., Fontana, CA 92335
- September 30, 2014, 2 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.: Temple City Council Chambers, 5938 Kauffman Ave., Temple City, CA 91780
- October 2, 2014, 2 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.: Palmdale City Council Chambers, 38300 Sierra Hwy., Suite A, Palmdale, CA 93550
- October 9, 2014, 2 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.: Holiday Inn Chico, Conference Center, 685 Manzanita Ct., Chico, CA 95926
- October 14, 2014, 2 p.m. and 6:30 p.m., Fresno City Council Chambers, 2600 Fresno St., Fresno, CA 93721
As previously announced, the CPUC is holding a series of Public Participation Hearings regarding PG&E’s application proposing rates for gas transmission and storage services for 2015-2017 (A.13-12-012). PG&E requests a revenue requirement of $1.286 billion for 2015, $1.347 billion for 2016, and $1.515 billion for 2017. PG&E requests that the new rates go into effect on January 1, 2015. The Public Participation Hearings are as follows:
- August 12, 2014, 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.: California Energy Commission, Hearing Room A, 1516 Ninth St., Sacramento
- August 13, 2014, 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.: Red Lion Hotel, Sierra Room, 1830 Hilltop Dr., Redding
- August 14, 2014, 1 p.m. and 6 p.m.: Red Lion Hotel, Ballroom, 1929 Fourth St., Eureka
- August 19, 2014, 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.: Fresno City Council Chambers, 2600 Fresno St., Fresno
- August 20, 2014, 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.: Bakersfield City Hall, South Council Chambers, 1501 Truxtun Ave., Bakersfield
- August 25, 2014, 1 p.m. and 6 p.m.: Steel Lane Community Center, Dohn Room, 415 Steele Ln., Santa Rosa
- August 26, 2014, 1 p.m. and 6 p.m.: Elihu Harris State Building, 2nd Floor, Room 1, 1515 Clay St., Oakland
- August 27, 2014, 1 p.m. and 6 p.m.: CPUC Auditorium, 505 Van Ness Ave., San Francisco
- September 8, 2014, 1 p.m. and 6 p.m.: San Jose Scottish Rite Center, Room 3, 2455 Masonic Dr., San Jose
- September 9, 2014, 1 p.m. and 6 p.m.: Portola Hotel & Spa, Cotton Wood Room, Two Portola Plaza, Monterey
Comments from the public can help the CPUC reach an informed decision, and consumers are encouraged to attend Public Participation Hearings. For those unable to attend a Public Participation Hearing in person, written comments on any proceeding may be submitted to: CPUC Public Advisor, 505 Van Ness Ave., Room 2103, San Francisco, CA 94102, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to the proceeding number on any written or email correspondence. All public comments received are provided to the CPUC’s Commissioners and the Administrative Law Judge assigned to the case.
If specialized accommodations are needed to attend a Public Participation Hearing, such as sign language interpreters, please contact the CPUC’s Public Advisor’s Office at email@example.com or toll free at 866-849-8390 at least five business days in advance of the hearing. For more information on Public Participation Hearings, please see www.cpuc.ca.gov/PPH.
To receive electronic updates on CPUC proceedings, sign-up for the CPUC’s free subscription service at http://subscribecpuc.cpuc.ca.gov.
While a quorum of Commissioners and/or their staff may attend these Hearings, no official action will be taken.
For more information on the CPUC, please visit www.cpuc.ca.gov.