Dear SSFUSD Community,
The Bay Area is expecting severe weather conditions to begin this evening and continue throughout the day tomorrow, Thursday, December 11th.
As of today, Wednesday, December 10th, we are planning to have a full day of engaging instruction tomorrow in the South San Francisco Unified School District.
You may consider keeping your child at home tomorrow if preferred, as absences for this reason will be excused.
Our emergency procedures and suggestions will be as follows:
- Should we determine the need for school closures during the school day tomorrow, we will provide subsequent notification through a community alert update.
- If the power goes out during the school day, we will assess the situation and determine whether or not to keep school in session until the end of the day. Bathrooms are not dependent on electricity and staff has plans in place for not having power.
- If you are depending on SamTrans for public transportation, please check with SamTrans to ensure they are running buses on scheduled routes.
- If there are circumstances that arise and you feel you need to keep your child at home, do what you feel is best for your family.
- If you feel the need to pick your child up during the school day, please use the procedures in place at the school site – check in with the office to sign your child out of school.
- Please plan extra time into your afternoon so that you can pick up your child on time. If there are any changes to pick up locations, in the event of obstructed roads, we will attempt to notify you as soon as we receive that information.
We are working closely with the San Mateo County Office of Education and South San Francisco Police Department to ensure we have every possible precaution covered for safety of all students and staff. This includes up to date communication, emergency plans, communication with PG&E, and more.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and assistance.
Superintendent of Schools
South San Francisco Unified School District