Meet the owners of our South City Grocery Outlet Michelle and David Radcliffe

South San Francisco, CA   January 12, 2015

Owners of South City Grocery Outlet, Michelle and David, share 37 years of marriage - and their business!

Owners of South City Grocery Outlet, Michelle and David, share 33 years of marriage – and their business!

Dave and Michelle Radcliffe feel privileged to bring a family owned and operated business to South City. Dave comes to Grocery Outlet after a successful 25 year career with Trader Joe’s. He loves the grocery business and this rare opportunity of being an owner/operator is a dream come true. Michelle spent 20 years in the dental field and understands the need for superior customer service. Two of their children and their spouses also work in the store to help with this venture. The Radcliffe goal is to provide South City with a clean, well merchandised and friendly bargain neighborhood market.

Throughout Dave and Michelle’s 33 year marriage, volunteering has always been a priority. Whether they lived in the bay area or Arizona, they have made a positive contribution to their community. They are passionate about youth sports, Scouts and helping those in need. South City Grocery Outlet has partnered with the St. Vincent DePaul food bank as well as many other local non-profit groups.

South City Grocery Outlet
125 Hickey Blvd., South S.F. (near the intersection with El Camino Real)

14 comments for “Meet the owners of our South City Grocery Outlet Michelle and David Radcliffe

1. Margie
    January 14, 2015 at 8:02 pm

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Grocery Outlet. I go with no list in hand. It’s like a treasure hunt. We are lucky to have Dave and Michelle here in SSF. Now if we could only clone them!!!

2. Rob
    January 15, 2015 at 1:04 pm

Thanks for the article. I live in SSF and did not know about this store. The article doesn’t include the location of the Grocery Outlet so for those who might be wondering it is:

South City Grocery Outlet
    125 Hickey Blvd., South S.F. (near the intersection with El Camino Real)

• Editor
      January 17, 2015 at 4:00 pm

Rob,
      Thank you for bringing this to our attention and for being a great neighbor adding the missing information. It is appreciated.
      -Ed

3. January 18, 2015 at 8:28 pm

Sounds great. I don’t live in So City anymore, but nice to hear there is a food outlet. Hope u prosper my friends.

4. Maria
    January 19, 2015 at 4:33 pm

My family grew up here in SSF. My parents bought their house in l956 in Serra Highlands. That same location/store was Winston Manor Market. We were always there. They even had a 5 & 10 store at the end of the mall area and it had everything from fabric to hardware to Tubes you could purchase for old TV sets. My dad was there all the time and I enjoyed going with him to look at fabric and everything else they had in that store. I am glad they now have Grocery Outlet. They are very friendly and quickly get you packed and ready to go. Nice work new owners.

5. Jim stanaway
    January 19, 2015 at 6:33 pm

We lived in buri buri and my dad managed that store for ember foods in the 50 s.i was there cleaning up after the 57 earthquake quite a mess. In 58 my dad and uncle started stanaways in Millbrae. Fond memories in SSF

6. Mary Lynne Bolt
    May 16, 2017 at 6:45 pm

have lives in SSF 40 years, having grown up here and now my daughter is. We spent 5 years away and came back, even in my work life I came back. I love Grocery Outlet. I worked in South San Francisco for the City. Dave you and your family are blessed. SSF is a great place to live and work. Your work with the Food Banks is also outstanding. In the economy sometimes we all need a helping hand. God Bless you.