South San Francisco, CA January 20, 2015 Submitted by Burlingame Public Library
TAX FORMS WILL BE LATE AND NOT MANY THIS YEAR!
Be advised. Here is the IRS explanation:
“As you may be aware, IRS appropriations were significantly cut in the 2015 Omnibus Appropriations bill recently passed by Congress. Unfortunately this puts us in a position where we have very few options. We want to honor our commitment to you by providing some key products, but we cannot deliver nearly what we have in the past.
For this filing season, we will offer the following products:
• Forms 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ
• Publication 17, one reference copy for each participant (Taxpayers will be able to access Publication 17 in English and Spanish online from irs.gov/Pub17 and, new this year, it will also be available as a free e-Pub for downloading from IRS.gov and viewing on most e-Readers and other mobile devices.)
• Publication 4604 (EN/SP), Use the Web for IRS Tax Products & Information
• Publication 1132, Reproducible Copies of Federal Tax Forms and Instructions
• The TFOP Poster Package which includes:
o Publication 1169, Need Tax Help?
o Publication 1258, Where Should I Send This?
o Publication 1309, Tax Forms This Way Publication
o Publication 1725, If The Form Fits…Use It!
No additional products will be available through the TFOP Program. We will not be sending Form 8635-S, Supplement to Form 8635.
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer Instructions for Forms 1040, 1040A and 1040EZ. Your patrons can obtain copies of Instructions through:
• IRS.gov/Forms – to view and download
• IRS.gov/orderforms – to order tax products to be delivered by mail
• 1-800-829-3676 – to order tax products to be delivered by mail
The decision to reduce the number of tax products available to our TFOP partners was not made lightly. We realize this decision is not ideal and we understand it may impact you and your customers. Please offer Publication 4604 (EN/SP) to your patrons to help guide them to tax products and information available on IRS.gov”