South San Francisco, CA June 15, 2015 Submitted by Burlingame Police Department
Officers from the Belmont PD, South San Francisco PD, San Bruno PD, Daly City, and Burlingame PD’s DUI Enforcement Teams deployed Saturday night to stop and arrest alcohol and drug-impaired drivers in the San Mateo County Police Chiefs and Sheriff Association’s ongoing traffic safety campaign. DUI saturation patrols are deployed in locations that have the greatest opportunity for achieving drunk and drugged driving deterrence and provide the greatest safety for officers and the public. This patrol was part of the San Mateo County Police Chiefs and Sheriff Association’s ongoing collaborative OTS funded STEP program, which aims to improve traffic safety on the Peninsula.
DUI saturation patrols have been shown to lower DUI deaths and injuries. A major component of these patrols are the deterrent effects they have on those who might operating a motor vehicle while driving drunk or drug impaired. This deterrent increases awareness and encourages everyone to use sober designated drivers.
• 48 Vehicles Stopped and Screened
• 6 Drivers administered field sobriety tests
• David Vazquez-Carrizales, 20 years old of San Bruno was arrested for driving under the influence of drugs.
• Vincent Manuel Gozun , 28 years old of Daly City was arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol and reckless driving.
• 2 suspects cited for driving on a suspended license
• 1 vehicle towed
The saturation patrol was funded by a grant from the California Office of Traffic Safety, through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Report Drunk Drivers – Call 9-1-1