Every Drop Counts! Poster Contest
As part of South San Francisco’s water conservation campaign all students in the City who are going into K-5th grade are invited to enter the poster contest showing how they and their family and friends make every drop of water count.
With California in a drought, conserving water is even more crucial. Helping children become aware of the importance of conservation is essential. Lessons can highlight tips like taking 5-minute showers and not running the water while brushing teeth. The deadline for entrees is July 31st and a certificate of participation will be given to every student who creates a poster. In addition gift cards will be given for each grade level for 1st Place, 2nd Place and 3rd Place. Prizes for the winners will be presented at the August 26, 2015 City Council meeting. Plu the winning posters will be displayed in City Hall!
For more information or if you have questions please contact SSF Communications Director Leslie Arroyo directly at (650) 829-6603 or email@example.com
- Open to South San Francisco public, private and home-schooled children going into K-5th
- The minimum size for a poster is 8 1/2″ x 11″ and the maximum size is 11″ x 17″. Posters submitted under the minimum size or over the maximum size will be disqualified.
- Students may use crayon, watercolor, poster paint, markers, ink, cut paper, tissue paper or fabric
- Students must work on posters A poster created by two (2) or more students will be disqualified.
- Only original artwork will be accepted. Computer-generated drawings will not be accepted
- Reproduction of popular cartoon characters or other copyrighted works will be accepted
- Entries must be in poster form. Three-dimensional works will not be accepted
- Entries may not contain inappropriate, discriminatory, offensive or bullying words, pictures or Entries that include such content will be disqualified.
- Posters will not be returned. They will remain the property of the City of South San Francisco and may be reproduced.
Print out the entry form below and attach by tape to the back of each poster. Mail or drop off posters to City Hall, 400 Grand Ave, South San Francisco. Attn: Poster Contest