South San Francisco, CA July 10, 2015 Submitted by CHP
A FULL CLOSURE of US-101 / Doyle Drive in San Francisco will be in effect for 79 hours, beginning Thursday, July 9 at 10:00 PM and ending Monday, July 13 at 5:00 AM. Due to the closure, the California Highway Patrol anticipates delays of up to four hours during peak commute periods. Motorists are encouraged to use alternate routes or to build in additional travel time to their journeys.
– Closure begins 7/9 10:00 PM and ends 7/13 5:00 AM
– Access on or off Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco limited to SR-1 (19th Avenue/Park Presidio) ONLY.
– ALL Golden Gate Bridge parking lots and Vista Points CLOSED to ALL Traffic.
– Closures will be enforced by officers of the California Highway Patrol.
US-101 / Doyle Drive is the primary approach to the Golden Gate Bridge from San Francisco, carrying traffic from the US-101 / Van Ness Avenue routing through the Marina District.
During the closure:
– US-101 SB Traffic from the Golden Gate Bridge will be detoured to SR-1 (19th Avenue/Park Presidio) and Geary Boulevard or California Street to US-101 / Van Ness Avenue.
– The only access to the Golden Gate Bridge from San Francisco will be SR-1 (19th Avenue/Park Presidio) from the Richmond District.
Consider using public transportation, including the Golden Gate Transit and Golden Gate Ferry services.
The Doyle Drive closure is to facilitate the completion of Phase II of the Presidio Parkway Project. Once completed, traffic will use the newly constructed tunnels to reach the Golden Gate Bridge. The Presidio Parkway Project was begun to replace the seismically and structurally deficient Route 101, which was originally constructed in 1936.
Information about the Presidio Parkway Project can be found on their website: http://www.presidioparkway.
Information about the weekend closure can be found here: http://www.presidioparkway.
A video overview of the project can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Inquiries about the Presidio Parkway Project may be directed to the project spokesperson at 415-295-4636.
Inquiries about the Golden Gate Bridge, including the closure of the parking lots and vista point, may be directed to the District Spokesperson at 415-921-5858.