South San Francisco, CA     August 26. 2015                       by Bridge Housing

ESC Preface: 21 units have a preference for household where at least one member lives or works in South San Francisco. Sample of rental costs: 2 person household for 1 bedroom with income of $18, 760 or less would run $366. See flyer below for more rates.

UPDATE PLEASE NOTE: To get an application, please visit the leasing office (99 Oak Ave.) or call (650) 952‐3727. PLEASE NOTE APPLICATION PROCESS STARTS MONDAY AUG 31st.

Grand Oak Apartments offers 43 affordable one-, two-, and three-bedroom apartments in South San Francisco.

BRIDGE worked with City of South San Francisco and San Mateo County to develop Grand Oak Apartments on a formerly vacant 1.15-acre site in a residential neighborhood. Grand Oak consists of three buildings which incorporate many environmentally friendly design features such as photovoltaic panels that provide electricity for common areas and bioswales that filter storm run-off. Located one mile from downtown, Grand Oak provides easy access to shopping, schools, transit, and community facilities. The South San Francisco BART station is less than a mile away. A local preference applies for half of the units.

Architect: Van Meter Williams Pollack
General Contractor: Segue Construction
Financial Partners: City of South San Francisco, County of San Mateo, California Department of Housing and Community Development, Silicon Valley Bank, MMA Financial

LIVING AT GRAND OAK APARTMENTS

Grand Oak Apartments is located at 99 Oak Avenue in South San Francisco. Click here for a map.

For general information about living at a BRIDGE property, click here.

Apartment Features

• Wall-to-wall carpetingAllelectric kitchen
  • Dishwasher
  • Deck/patio (some units)

Community Features

• Elegant community room with kitchen
    Laundry facilities
  • Elevator
  • Tot lot
  • Beautifully landscaped grounds
  • Assigned covered garage and surface parking
  • Professional on-site management

From the City of South San Francisco:

If you live or work in SSF and meet certain income criteria (see flyer below) you may qualify to get on a special priority waiting list for affordable units at the Grand Oak Apartments. These are great living units offered at below-market-rate rent. You can apply to get on the priority waiting list from Aug. 31 to Sept. 11.

Development

37 comments for “Affordable Housing Coming to 99 Oak Avenue – Pre-Application Process Starts August

1. Robert Lindeborg
    August 26, 2015 at 3:53 pm

I may qualify for tier 2 or 3 , one person. I am 68 years old and am now recovering from abdominal surgery . I can’t drive for about another week but am interested. Any info appreciated . Thank you.

August 26, 2015 at 6:05 pm

Robert,
      Please note the following: To get an application, please visit the leasing office (99 Oak Ave.) or call (650) 952‐3727
      Thank you.

• Cheryl Arbogast
        August 27, 2015 at 9:59 am

My husband and I are very low income and would love to move back to the area to be close to my family, grandkids. My husband suffers from chronic pain and has a hard time getting around. We live up in Rancho Cordova by Sacramento. Would love to come home could you send me an application please 10460 Investment cir#79 Rancho Cordova California 95670 I’d be very grateful

August 27, 2015 at 12:23 pm

Cheryl,
          Thank you.

2. Jesseca Carlos
    August 26, 2015 at 5:13 pm

I would like turn in an application for these apartments. Please send the application to me at the following address:

1043 Grand Ave.
    South San Francisco, CA
    94080

August 26, 2015 at 6:04 pm

Jesseca,
      Thank you.

• Jesseca Carlos
        August 28, 2015 at 10:13 am

No one answers when we call. The website says that your office can send the application to our address. Is this not an option?

Thanks,

Jesseca

August 28, 2015 at 7:22 pm

Jesseca,
          Please note the flyer states the application process will be starting on Monday August 31 at which time you can receive an application by either going to the office or calling them. We apologize for the confusion and hope that you will be able to access the program on Monday. Thank you.

• Jesseca Carlos
        August 28, 2015 at 1:43 pm

Hi, I went to the office today because I tried calling for the first 4 hours of my day. So I drove 2.5 hours to your office to pick up an application. Your office is closed and the woman inside waved her finger and yelled at me telling me to “READ THE SIGN, NO!!!” I went to this location because your website and you, Ed, replied saying to call or go to the office. Regardless if you are closed or not today, for an employee to be so rude and represent low income housing is embarrassing and insulting. Despite this was a horrible experience this was probably a good thing because there is no way I would want to live where people treat strangers; potential future residents the way the front desk woman did. Perhaps tend to the employees by training them with manners and professionalism, it is not acceptable especially for a someone representing a community of Bridge Housing.

Thanks

August 28, 2015 at 7:20 pm

Jesseca,
          Please note the information we shared states the application process begins Monday August 31st and to call or stop by the office to receive an application. Everything South City is not affiliated with the program, rather we are sharing this information for the benefit of the community. Thank you.

3. Roxana Griggs
    August 26, 2015 at 5:45 pm

Please I am VERY interested in getting a one bedroom. I am on a fixed income and I am looking for a home for myself only. My email is mojo1269@yahoo.com 650-245-3736. I am a very respectful and quiet tenant. Thank you and have a great day.

August 26, 2015 at 6:04 pm

Roxana
      Thank you.

• Sally Gonzalez
        August 26, 2015 at 6:47 pm

Could you possibly mail me an application? my address is 2613 Bravado Dr. #A Rancho Cordova, CA 95670 and I will send back ASAP.

Sally Gonzalez

August 26, 2015 at 7:09 pm

Sally,
          Thank you.

4. Sally Gonzalez
    August 26, 2015 at 6:45 pm

Hi, I would like to find out about appling for an apartment. I am 68 years old and retired, I have been trying to get on your waiting list for a long time. I am a South San Franciscan but I had to move to Rancho Cordova Ca because I couldn’t find a place I could afford so I recently moved here to stay with my daughter TEMPORARY until something comes up in my home town. Please let me know what I have to do to get on your waiting list.

Sally Gonzalez

August 26, 2015 at 7:10 pm

Sally,
      Thank you.

5. Ana Maria Lalnez
    August 26, 2015 at 10:28 pm

I’m interested in the 2 bedroom apartment.I will pick the application Friday morning.

ANA MARIA

6. Sky
    August 27, 2015 at 10:14 am

Hello I call the number to get Application send to me but it’s saying the number is out of service

7. Ana Patolo
    August 27, 2015 at 2:03 pm

Hi Im waiting with 2 other people at the address to pick up applications I understand they are close from 12 to 1 but its 2 now and no one has opened yet. 2 other people have left that have been waiting since 1. What can we do?

August 27, 2015 at 2:21 pm

Ana,
      We have also tried contacting them by phone and received a voice mail that did not directly speak to the issue of the leasing opportunities opportunities. We have requested a return call and will update contact information once we know more. We also note the flyer states the application process to start August 31st. Thank you.

8. Althea
    August 27, 2015 at 5:45 pm

Hi I’m interested in applying for the waitlist. What is the pet policy?

August 27, 2015 at 6:26 pm

Althea,
      Please note the following: To get an application or more information, please visit the leasing office (99 Oak Ave.) or call (650) 952‐3727 as Everything South City is only sharing this information. We do not have any affiliation with this development.
      Thank you.

9. Elaine Leonard
    August 27, 2015 at 10:45 pm

Greetings, I’m very interested in moving back to South San Francisco, I’m dis
    abled and homeless. I have SSI do you think I’ll qualify? Thank You

August 28, 2015 at 8:58 am

Elaine,
      Thank you.

10. Nicole
    August 27, 2015 at 11:26 pm

Can 2 ppl qualify for a 3 bdrm? I dont think i fit in any of the tiers unless its a 3bdrm.

August 28, 2015 at 8:58 am

Nicole,
      Thank you.

11. Anne
    August 28, 2015 at 3:36 pm

Hello Editor,

I went to visit the office yesterday after 1 PM but the office was closed. I’ve waited thinking that the personel is just running late from lunch. With me waiting is pregnant lady with her child and the contractor workers. Over an hour passed,still no sign of the office person. I left as I need to go back to work. Since phone call is not entertained no option but to stop by again. Today, I took a later lunch break (after 2pm) avoiding the same scenario yesterday. The leasing office door is closed-locked. I peaked through and the lady inside pointed on the door and said read the sign – the Office is closed for admin purpose or something like that. It was frustating I admit. Nonetheless, despite of this experience, I would like to proceed with my applications. I am not an opportunist- I’m a working single mom with autistic child. Is there any other way to get the application form? I just want to take the chance. Thanks.

August 28, 2015 at 7:18 pm

Anne,
      Please note the application process will not start until MONDAY AUGUST 31st. Please give them a try on that date through September 11th. Thank you.

12. Rebecca
    August 28, 2015 at 5:50 pm

The office is not handing out applications until Monday, August 31st. The office is being bombarded with traffic from people not reading the whole flyer! People please read*
    MONDAY, AUGUST 31st – FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 11th 5pm!!!

August 28, 2015 at 7:23 pm

Rebecca,
      Thank you for recognizing the complete flyer, we should have stated the date more clearly as well in our write up. Thank you.

13. ac
    August 28, 2015 at 10:54 pm

It says on the flyer “We are currently accepting applications for the waitlist preference only” and the definition of the preference is for household where at least one member lives and/or works in city of South San Francisco. does it mean other people can’t apply?

August 29, 2015 at 11:06 am

AC –
      We don’t have the specifics, rather Everything South City is sharing this resource. For more information, please visit the leasing office (99 Oak Ave.) or call (650) 952‐3727 as Everything South City does not have any affiliation with this development.Thank you.

14. Bianca
    August 29, 2015 at 12:58 am

I will be there Monday August 31st bright and early. My boyfriend and I are low income and expecting a baby boy early November. We’d be blessed to get chosen from the list. Thank you for this opportunity.

15. Andrea Williams
    August 29, 2015 at 2:53 pm

I am a SFUSD teacher and am wondering can I apply if I work in San Francisco. I am currently homeless.

August 29, 2015 at 4:01 pm

Andrea,
      We don’t have the specifics on the leasing process, rather Everything South City is sharing this resource. For more information, please visit the leasing office (99 Oak Ave.) or call (650) 952‐3727 as Everything South City does not have any affiliation with this development. We will keep good thoughts for you.
      Thank you.

16. Candice D
    September 8, 2015 at 12:15 pm

I have been trying to get a hold of the office. I would like to get on the wait list . I live in SSF. Please call me 650 296 2939 asap.

September 8, 2015 at 2:01 pm

Candice,
      Everything South City does not have any affiliation with this development, rather we are sharing this resource for our community. For more information please visit the leasing office (99 Oak Ave.) or call (650) 952‐3727 directly.
      Thank you.