South San Francisco Police to hold a neighborhood community meeting on November 19th
During the last month, residential burglaries on weekdays during the day and early evening, on the west side of South San Francisco and adjoining cities, are on the rise. Twelve of these burglaries or attempted burglaries were in the “Buri Buri” neighborhood, which is the area bordered by Westborough Boulevard, Junipero Serra Boulevard, Hickey Boulevard, and El Camino Real. One attempted burglary occurred in the West Winston Manor neighborhood west of Junipero Serra Boulevard.
Most recently, a burglary and robbery occurred last night around 8:25 p.m. A resident on Camaritas Drive in the Buri Buri neighborhood came home and found three suspects rummaging through her bedroom. The resident attempted to flee her home, but was confronted by a fourth suspect in her living room. This suspect pushed the victim to the ground and robbed her. The victim sustained minor injuries that did not require treatment. The suspects fled the residence i n an unknown direction. The four suspects were described as dark-skinned males, in their early 20s, wearing dark clothes, and about six feet tall.
This burglary and robbery was one of a total of FIVE residential burglaries that occurred on November 12th alone. The other burglaries occurred on Erica Drive and Alta Mesa Drive.
What Residents Can Do
- Anyone witnessing a break-in that is in-progress should call 9-1-1.
- Residents should immediately report any suspicious persons or vehicles by calling (650) 877-8900.
- Anyone with any information about these burglaries and the robbery should call the Criminal Investigations Bureau at (650) 877-8910.
- Anyone wishing to be anonymous can call the Tip Line at (650) 852-2244 or send an e mai1 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Residents are strongly encouraged to secure their homes before leaving for the day or evening and are encouraged to invest in burglar alarms and/or surveillance camera systems.
- Anyone wishing a home security assessment can call the Police Department, (650) 877- 8900, for a safety review of their home.
The South San Francisco Police Department encourages residents to get to know their neighbors, create neighborhood groups, and keep an eye on each other’s homes. Nextdoor.com is a resource for joining your established neighborhood group. For more information about Nextdoor and neighborhood groups, visit the City of South San Francisco website CLICK HERE
The South San Francisco Police Department will host a neighborhood group meeting for the Buri Buri Neighborhood and the Winston Manor and West Winston Manor neighborhoods at the City Council chambers located in the Municipal Services Building at 33 Arroyo Drive in South San Francisco on Thursday November 19th at 6:30 PM. Topics of discussion at the meeting will be the residential burglaries as well as addressing any other concerns that residents may have.
Residents of these neighborhoods are encouraged to attend, although the meeting is open to all residents of the City.