South San Francisco, Ca March 29, 2016
We are often asked about job opportunities and we regularly share leads we receive from local employers. We also access Jobs Indeed, a wonderful resource we highly recommend. The filters on the menu allow you to search for specific jobs, locations, pay, hours, etc. We share a handful of these potential jobs on our Facebook page time to time and below are a few we shared today. To access Jobs Indeed directly to set up your own personalized search CLICK HERE.
Warehouse Worker Lettieri & Co – Brisbane CA
$15 an hour MORE INFO CLICK HERE
We are a family owned import/export company. We are looking for Individuals who are versatile, detail oriented and take great pride in what they do.
Warehouse Duties: Receiving, Stocking, Picking, Loading Trucks, Packaging & Preparing Ups Shipments. Forklift Certified or willing to train.
Full Time Positions Days are Monday – Friday Shifts – 6am to 3pm, 10:30am to 7:30pm
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
Required experience:Warehouse work: 1 year
Required education:High school or equivalent
SAFEWAY FLORAL CLERK – MILLBRAE
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A FLORAL CLERK – MORE INFO CLICK HERE
As a Floral Clerk, you use your artistic ability to create the freshest and brightest flower arrangements that are sure to brighten up any day. To truly be successful in the position, you need to be thoughtful and passionate about your work. In this role, the floral department is your canvas, and you will enjoy creating colorful masterpieces for your customers to enjoy. The possibilities are endless and this is your opportunity to bloom while putting a smile on the faces in your community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS**
• Provide high-quality customer service in accordance with Safeway’s customer service standards and policies and procedures.
• Design esthetically pleasing floral arrangements for display or to meet the needs of a particular customer.
• Operate helium tank to inflate balloons and prepare arrangements for customer.
• Operate/use the floral chopper to process bunches of flowers
• Move stock from storage area to floral display areas.
• Replace and maintain stock on shelves within the floral department including removing flowers and plants from the shelves, trimming faded or damaged leaves/blooms from the plants, cleaning shelves and stands, and replacing the plants and flowers on the plants.
• Maintain stationary and moveable displays.
• Use sprayers and containers to water all plants.
• Maintain clean and organized department, including removal of garbage and debris from floral area, sweep floors areas, wipe counter areas and display cases.
• Assist customers in the selection and purchase of items and offer advice as appropriate.
• Arrange and wrap selected flowers for customer as appropriate.
• Operate cash register to total bill. Takes money and makes change.
• Perform price checks and put up signage/tags on product in the floral department
• Adhere to uniform and grooming policy as defined within company policy.
The following describes the general qualifications and physical, sensory and mental abilities normally associated with performing the essential job functions of this position: **
• Previous experience or training as a floral clerk or designer desired
• Ability to be exposed to plants and flowers on a continuous basis
• Ability to arrange and display flowers and plants
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to understand and follow instructions, and ability to read, retain and comprehend guidelines, policies and procedures applicable to the position
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently as well as within a large team
• Self-motivated and driven to increase knowledge of Safeway products and share that knowledge with Safeway customers
• Ability to provide regular and predictable attendance. (Safeway employees may be scheduled to work early mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays, and schedules may vary on a weekly basis)
• Ability to comply with workplace conduct standards
The following attempts to communicate the traditional physical demands associated with this position: **
Seldom: 1-2 hours, Occasional: 3-4 hours, Frequent: 5-6 hours, Continuous: 7+ hours (Based on an 8 hour work day.)
• Lift/Carry: Occasional/carry 1-35 lbs.
• Push/Pull: Seldom
• Squat/Kneel: Occasional
• Bend/Stoop: Occasional
• Twist/Turn: Occasional
• Grip/Grasp: Frequent
• Reach: Frequent
• Stand/Walk: Continuous
Job duties and responsibilities may vary by location and employees may be assigned duties and responsibilities in addition to those listed above.
** Safeway is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to compliance with its obligations under all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, Safeway attempts to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with the requirements of the disability discrimination laws. It also invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made without imposing an undue hardship.
SAFEWAY AND WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN US
Safeway has always been a people-oriented business, and thoughtful people practices remain a core element of our company’s philosophy. As friendly, enthusiastic individuals who enjoy offering customers an exceptional shopping experience, we provide world-class customer service each and every day.
Safeway provides a variety of benefits including:
• Great pay
• Flexible schedule
• Opportunities for career development
• Health and welfare benefits for eligible employees
• Leisure time activity discounts
SAFEWAY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
OFFICE SUPPORT Oracle Corporation – Redwood City MORE INFO CLICK HERE
Preferred Qualifications Physical requirements lifting up to 50lbs. California Driver’s License required.
Mail room, shipping and receiving experience preferred.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provide support for the Real Estate and Facilities organization.
Provide daily support to office employees. May coordinate appointments, information to and from callers, perform file maintenance, order office supplies and coordinate incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries. Operate automated office equipment.
Provides support in a variety of settings. Works within defined procedures and routines with limited autonomy. Problem solving includes basic research and verification only. Accountable for achieving objectives for self and contributing to the work of others. Excellent communication skills. 1-2 years of experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
MORNING DOG HIKER -Marley & Me Animal Services – Montara MORE INFO CLICK HERE
Do you want to spend your days hiking the beautiful trails of the Coastside? Do you love dogs of shapes and sizes? This job might be for you!
This is an on/off leash dog hiking position. All new dog hikers begin training as an assistant with the responsibility of keeping the dogs together in a pack if off leash, and not pulling and active if on leash. You will shadow with a current hiker and be taught about body language, leash reactivity, and how to manage a pack of dogs, and the proper procedures of walking professionally. After you are ready, we will send you with a small group of your own. This will include picking up and dropping off dogs from their home in a company vehicle, so a clean driving record is a must.
A typical morning group is 9-1 This job is rewarding and fun, but can also be challenging. We hike rain or shine : )
As a growing business its very important that you be someone who wants to stay long term, is willing to work even when your not feeling 100% and are friendly and personable with our clients. This is a weekday job, but holidays are our busy times so some will be required.
The ideal person:
– is reliable
– is healthy (body and mind)
– loves working with dogs
– is patient
– can multitask very well
– can lift 50 labs
– capable of staying focused and engaged for several hours rain or shine
– clean driving record
– is outgoing and friendly
Training is provided but experience with dogs is preferred Please send resume with cover letter and explain why you are applying for this position. What dog experience do you have?
Job Type: Part-time Required experience Pet care: 1 year Required license or certification: Drivers license and clean dmv record
RECEPTIONIST SSF Auto Parts
Build an exciting career in a prestigious industry! Leading European wholesale automotive parts distributor is looking for a Receptionist. This is a unique opportunity to start a career with an industry leader and learn from the best. Convince us that you have what it takes!
Please email your resume WITH SALARY REQUIREMENTS to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (650) 742-5897.
IMPORTANT: Include the following code in the subject line of your email: RECEPTIONIST
*This position will be responsible for the front desk.
Essential Job Functions:
*Front Desk reception and phones
*Understands all aspects of phone configuration
*Listens to and answers voicemail messages
*Other clerical duties such as: processing mailings, filing, data entry, running reports from AS400 computer system
*Responsible for replenishment of lunchroom supplies and cleanliness of lunchroo*Other special projects as needed
*10 key data entry
*Strong organizational skills
*Use of AS400, and PC literate
*Attention to detail
*Good oral and written communication skills
*Work consistent with SSF Employee Handbook, guidelines, policies and procedures
*Maintain a professional attitude with all SSF employees, customers, vendors and visitors
*Answer telephones in professional and courteous manner
*Maintain a safe working environment
*Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team based environment
*Work overtime or hours other than those normally scheduled whenever necessary
*Repetitive use of hands and arms
*Prolonged use of computer monitor
*High school diploma or equivalent
We offer a professional work environment, and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, LTD and 401(k). We are a highly motivated team of fine people doing a great job for a great company!
Sorry, we cannot relocate individuals. Please email your resume WITH SALARY REQUIREMENTS to email@example.com or fax to (650) 742-5897. IMPORTANT: Include the following code in the subject line of your email: RECEPTIONIST
Adam’s Grub Truck – Restaurant Staff
We are expanding to full time restaurant in a few weeks plus opening up a new coffee business as well both situated in Mission Bay which means we need employees both part time and full time. If you have any recommendations or interested in some extra money please hit us up. Message us or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more jobs and to set your own specific criteria for your job hunt CLICK HERE