South San Francisco, CA August 20, 2016 By Cindy Marcopulos
‘These were sent to me by a friend, I don’t know what the substance of the first 5 were, but I understand the impact would dilute the following”:
6. Today, as my father, three brothers, and two sisters stood around my mother’s hospital bed, my mother uttered her last coherent words before she died.
She simply said, “I feel so loved right now. We should have gotten together like this more often.”
7. Today, I kissed my dad on the forehead as he passed away in a small hospital bed.
About 5 seconds after he passed, I realized it was the first time I had given him a kiss since I was a little boy.
8. Today, in the cutest voice, my 8-year-old daughter asked me to
start recycling. I chuckled and asked, “Why?”
She replied, “So you can help me save the planet.”
I chuckled again and asked, “And why do you want to
save the planet?”
Because that’s where I keep all my stuff,” she said.
9. Today, when I witnessed a 27-year-old breast cancer patient
laughing hysterically at her 2-year-old daughter’s antics,
I suddenly realized that I need to stop complaining about
my life and start celebrating it again.
10. Today, a boy in a wheelchair saw me desperately struggling on
crutches with my broken leg and offered to carry my backpack
and books for me. He helped me all the way across campus to my class and as he was leaving he said, “I hope you feel better soon.”
11. Today, I was feeling down because the results of a biopsy came
back malignant. When I got home, I opened an e-mail that said,
“Thinking of you today. If you need me, I’m a phone call away.”
It was from a high school friend I hadn’t seen in 10 years.
12. One day, I was traveling in Kenya and I met a refugee from Zimbabwe. He said he hadn’t eaten anything in over 3 days and looked extremely skinny and unhealthy. Then my friend offered him the rest of the sandwich he was eating.
The first thing the man said was, “We can share it.”
NOTE: Thank you to Cindy Marcopulos for sharing these great motivational stories. ESC worked to find the originators to give proper credit, and while we found these gems on many sites, we did not find the writers, many simply state ‘unknown’. However we did find the first 5 and share them below:
1. Today, I interviewed my grandmother for part of a research paper I’m working on for my Psychology class. When I asked her to define success in her own words, she said, “Success is when you look back at your life and the memories make you smile.”
2. Today, I asked my mentor-a very successful business man in his 70s-what his top 3 tips are for success. He smiled and said,
“Read something no one else is reading, think something no one else is thinking, and do something no one else is doing.”
3. Today, after my 72 hour shift at the fire station, a woman ran up to me at the grocery store and gave me a hug. When I tensed up, she realized I didn’t recognize her. She let go with tears of joy in her eyes and the most sincere smile and said , “On 9-11-2001, you carried me out of the World Trade Center.”
4. Today, after I watched my dog get run over by a car, I sat on the side of the road holding him and crying. And just before he died,
he licked the tears off my face.
5. Today at 7AM, I woke up feeling ill, but decided I needed the money, so I went into work. At 3PM I got laid off. On my drive home I got a flat tire. When I went into the trunk for the spare, it was flat too.
A man in a BMW pulled over, gave me a ride, we chatted, and then he offered me a job. I start tomorrow.