South San Francisco, CA January 20, 2017 Submitted by Joe Fragola, Kaiser Permanente
Kaiser Permanente in San Mateo County (South San Francisco and Redwood City) has been recognized as a 2016 Gold-Level Fit-Friendly Worksite by the American Heart Association. This is the sixth year of recognition as a Fit-Friendly Worksite which is given for helping employees eat better and be more active. Physical activity and employee wellness are priorities at Kaiser Permanente and this award reinforces that commitment.
Gold-Level Fit-Friendly Worksites are recognized for the following achievements:
· Offer employees physical activity options in the workplace.
· Increase healthy eating options at the worksite.
· Promote a wellness culture in the workplace
· Implement at least nine criteria outlined by the American Heart Association in the areas of physical activity, nutrition, and culture.
· Demonstrate measurable outcomes related to workplace wellness.