South San Francisco, Ca April 22, 2017
Community leaders, coaches, parents, guardians and players have long had issues with the lack of quality athletic playing fields in South San Francisco and have lodged continual complaints to both City officials and the School District and Trustees. We have had some lively conversations on Everything South City and therefor pleased to announce the City and District have the following issues on the April 26th agenda.
Please help get the word out, attend the meeting and put your concerns in writing to have them as a permanent part of the records. The meeting starts at 3:30 and will be held at the District Office 398 B Street, next to the High School, this next Wednesday April 26th.
Your comments can be emailed to:
For more information on the meeting please contact the City Clerks Office at 650/877-8518 during 8-5 business hours.
MATTERS FOR CONSIDERATION
- Public Comment.
- Communication between City Council and SSFUSD. (Patrick A. Lucy, Trustee)
- Staff updates. (Dr. Shawnterra Moore, Superintendent)
- Use of Community benefit funds. (Patrick A. Lucy, Trustee)
- Middle school athletic sports programs. (Dr. Shawnterra Moore, Superintendent)
- Baseball and soccer field conditions. (Mike Futrell, City Manager)
- Update on the South San Francisco Unified School District request for the Parks and Recreation Department to offer an extended day program for their 2017 STEM Summer School. (Mark Addiego, Councilmember & Dr. Shawnterra Moore, Superintendent)
- Waiting lists for Parks and Recreation’s Before and After School programs at Monte Verde School and Buri Buri School. (Sharon Ranals, Parks & Recreation Director)
- Biotech Steering Committee Meeting. (Pradeep Gupta, Mayor)
- Board/Councilmember requests/comments/events.
- Future meeting – selection
For more on the condition of our playing fields CLICK HERE
Thank you to South City resident Laura Fanella for the heads up on this upcoming meeting.