South San Francisco, Ca May 24, 2017 Submitted by City of South San Francisco
ONE WEEK LEFT TO ENTER! Deadline to enter is May 31, 2017.
Calling all K-5th grade students! The City of South San Francisco is looking for a creative way to show how we can all keep the City clean.
Get your children involved for a chance to win a gift card, as well as be recognized at a City Council meeting. The winning students and their artwork will be featured in City Hall. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners from each grade level will receive a gift certificate and Council recognition.
WHO: K – 5th graders
WHAT: 2017 “Keep SSF Clean” Poster Contest
WHEN: Entries due Wednesday, May 31, 2017, 5:00 p.m.
WHERE: Any student in South San Francisco who is in K-5th grade
WHY: As part of our Healthy Living/Healthy City initiative, the City of South San Francisco wants to engage children to help educate all of our residents about the importance of keeping our City free from litter, debris, graffiti, etc.
THEME: Keep SSF Clean!
Draw how you, your friends, your family, and classmates can keep the City clean. Show us ways to keep our City clean. Show us what a clean City means to YOU!
QUESTIONS: Call (650) 829-6603 or firstname.lastname@example.org
PARTICIPATION: A certificate of participation will be given to every student who creates a poster
PRIZES: Gift cards will be given for each grade level for 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place. Prizes for the winners will be presented at a July City Council meeting. Additionally, the winning posters will be displayed in City Hall.
- Open to South San Francisco public, private and home-schooled children in K-5th
- The minimum size for a poster is 8 1/2″ x 11″ and the maximum size is 11″ x 17″. Posters submitted under the minimum size or over the maximum size will be
- Students may use crayon, watercolor, poster paint, markers, ink, cut paper, tissue paper or
- Students must work on posters A poster created by two (2) or more students will be disqualified.
- Only original artwork will be Computer-generated drawings will not be considered.
- Reproduction of popular cartoon characters or other copyrighted works will be
- Entries must be in poster Three-dimensional works will not be considered.
- Entries may not contain inappropriate, discriminatory, offensive or bullying words, pictures or symbols. Entries that include such content will be
- Posters will not be They will remain the property of the City of South San Francisco and may be reproduced.
Attach the student entry form with tape to the back of each poster. Mail or drop off posters to City Hall, 400 Grand Ave, South San Francisco. Attn: Keep SSF Clean Poster Contest