South San Francisco, CA May 12, 2017 Submitted by SMC Harbor District Deputy Clerk Debbie Gehret
EDITORS NOTE: Due to the extensive development coming into the Oyster Point Marina area we will work to share information that relates to this situation including SMC Harbor District meetings. This upcoming meeting will be held in South San Francisco at the MSB.
“To assure that the public is provided with clean, safe, well-managed, financially sound and environmentally pleasant marinas.”
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
May 17, 2017
Municipal Services Building 33 Arroyo Drive
South San Francisco, CA 94080
All Harbor District Commission meetings are recorded and posted at www.PacificCoast.tv within 48 hours of the meeting. Pacifica residents can tune into Comcast Channel 26 and residents from Montara through Pescadero can tune into Comcast Channel 27. Copies of the meetings can also be purchased from PCT and mailed for $18.
Persons requiring special accommodation with respect to physical disability are directed to make such requests per the Americans With Disabilities Act to the Deputy Secretary to the Board at 650-583-4400, 72 hours in advance.
A.) 1. Roll Call
2. Staff Introductions
B.) 1. Public Comments/Questions
The Public may directly address the Board of Harbor Commissioners for a limit of three (3) minutes, unless a request is granted for more time, on any item of public interest within the subject matter jurisdiction of the San Mateo County Harbor District, Board of Harbor Commissioners that is not on the regular Agenda. If a member of the public wishes to address the Board on an Agenda Item, that person must complete a Public Speaker Form and wait until that Item comes up for discussion. Agenda material may be reviewed at the administration offices of the District, 504 Avenue Alhambra, 2nd Floor, El Granada, CA 94018 or online at www.smharbor.com.
2. Commissioner Comments
Commissioners may make public statements limited to five (5) minutes.
C.) Consent Calendar
All items on the consent calendar are approved by one motion unless a Commissioner requests at the beginning of the meeting that an item be withdrawn or transferred to the regular agenda. Any item on the regular agenda may be transferred to the consent calendar.
ITEMS PULLED FROM THE CONSENT CALENDAR WILL BE HEARD AFTER DISCUSSION ITEMS.
- Bills and Claims (Chan)
Recommendation: Review Pre-Approved Bills and Claims in the Amount of
$1,090,444.82. Pre-Approval Bills and Claims not to exceed up to $350,000.
2. Special Meeting Minutes OPM Study Session February 15, 2017 (Gehret)
Recommendation: Approve Minutes of the Special Meeting of February 15, 2017.
3. Regular Meeting Minutes March 15, 2017 (Gehret)
Recommendation: Approve Minutes of the Regular Meeting of March 15, 2017.
4. Special Meeting Minutes April 19, 2017 (Gehret)
Recommendation: Approve Minutes of the Special Meeting of April 19, 2017.
5. Regular Meeting Minutes April 19, 2017 (Gehret)
Recommendation: Approve Minutes of the Regular Meeting of April 19, 2017.
6. Special Event Permit Fee Waiver – Coastside Fishing Club 2017 Fishing Derby at Oyster Point Marina (Gehret)
Recommendation: Approve Fee Waiver for Special Event Permit for Coastside Fishing Club’s Fishing Derby at Oyster Point Marina.
7. Activity Reports- April (McGrath/Lazof/Moren)
8. Quarterly Investment Report (Lazof)
9. Third Quarter Rent Report (Lazof)
10. Third Quarter Budget Review (Lazof)
1. Five (5) Year Capital Improvement Proiect Plan, with Public Meeting Input. (Moren)
Recommendation: Approve Five (5) Year Capital Improvement Plan.
2. Final Budget Revisions to the Adopted 2017/18 Preliminary Budget (Lazof)
Recommendation: Direction to Staff for Final Budget Revisions.
3. Strategic Plan, Update and Next Steps (McGrath)
Recommendation: Receive report on 2014 work product and report on Commission workshop by Brent Ives; provide direction to staff.
4. Recommendations from Finance Committee (Lazof)
- Cost Benefit Analysis for Oyster Point Marina Required Prior to any further discussion with City of
5. Procurement and Purchasing Policy (Pyle/Lazof)
Recommendation: Adopt Resolution No.17-05 rescinding Chapter 2.35 of the Ordinance Code, Contracting and Purchasing Procedures, and adopting revised and restated Purchasing and Procurement Policy.
6. California Governor’s Office of Emergency Service (OES): Financial Assistance for the Pillar Point Harbor Emergency Launch Ramp Dredging and West Trail Rehabilitation Proiects (Moren)
Recommendation: Adopt Resolution No. 17-06 authorizing CA OES application for financial assistance through FEMA.
7. Nominations for California Special District Association (CSDA) Board of Directors (McGrath)
Policy: The Board may consider nomination to the CSDA Board of Directors.
E.) Commissioner Items
1. Oyster Point Marina Joint Powers Agreement (JPA) and Economic Analysis Discussion (Brennan)
F.) Discussion/Action on Pulled Consent Items (if any)
The next Regular Meeting will be held on June 21, 2017 at the San Mateo County Harbor District, 504 Avenue Alhambra, 2nd Floor, El Granada, CA 94018 at 6:30 PM.