South San Francisco, CA September 27, 2017
With so many conversations regarding potential changes in health care insurance it is important that we share accurate information for those in our community from Covered California.
For more information we encourage neighbors to access their website CLICK HERE
Open Enrollment for 2018 Coverage Begins Nov. 1
The open-enrollment period for Covered California begins on Nov. 1, 2017, and will end on Jan. 31, 2018.
Medi-Cal enrollment is year round.
Medi-Cal and Covered California use the same application. When you apply, depending on factors such as your family size, income and citizenship or immigration status, you will find out whether you qualify for:
- A Covered California health plan with or without financial assistance.
- County Children’s Health Initiative Program.
- Medi-Cal Access Program for pregnant women.
Special Considerations for Covered California Enrollees for 2018
- Covered California members will soon begin receiving renewal notices. Starting Oct. 11, consumers can use the Shop and Compare Tool to find out their plan options and monthly premium price for 2018 coverage.
- In 2018, Anthem Blue Cross and HealthNet are leaving some parts of the state. Affected consumers will receive notices directly from their health plan as well as Covered California informing them they need to select a new plan for 2018. Those consumers who received notices can find additional information in the FAQ fact sheet.
- This year, Covered California offers a provider search tool to help consumers find health insurance plans with the doctors they want.