South San Francisco, CA January 15, 2018 Submitted by Cheryl Grantano Rich, President SINSMC
Soroptimist International of North San Mateo County (SINSMC) is proud to announce March 2nd as the date for their 13th Annual Step Into Spring fundraiser. This past December we had the great pleasure of awarding $6000 in grants to 3 deserving women. Next up: major funding support for Expanding your Horizons at Skyline College and also the Chamber Scholarship fund. Thank you for your continuing support of our program, and the deserving women we serve.
- Step Into Spring – 13th annual
- Friday, March 2nd, 2018; 5:30- 8 pm
- South San Francisco Municipal Services Building located at 33 Arroyo Drive, SSF. FREE Parking!
- Featuring silent auction, food, music by Don Rowell, vendors to be announced. Wine and beer for sale.
- Tickets – $30. May be purchased from members, at the door or call Carol King at 650-580-6613 (please leave a message).
- CLICK HERE for website updates
Soroptimist International is a global organization working to improve the lives of women and girls through programs leading to social and economic empowerment. Soroptimist means “best for women”. The organization strives to achieve this through local projects and international campaigns. SI North San Mateo County has served our community for 51 years. Business meetings are held the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 6:00 pm. Over dinner, you’ll have an opportunity to learn what Soroptimist is, how we help women and children locally and internationally, and how you can get involved. Our members come from a broad array of professions and backgrounds. We mutually benefit from one another’s professional and personal expertise and from the friendships we have formed through our common volunteer work. Local organizations support work in the areas of elementary and high school education, adult literacy, substance abuse counseling, domestic abuse, and general social services. For more information, visit www.soroptimistnorthsanmateocounty.org. To be a guest at a monthly dinner meeting, contact Barbara at 650-588-0661.