South San Francisco, CA February 6, 2018 Submitted by SSF Chamber of Commerce
– South San Francisco City Staff will be proposing modifications of parking permits policies to the Parking Place Commission and would like your feedback. The policy changes are intended to better manage the parking permits while the parking permit demand is increasing and the parking supply is decreasing due to the development of surface lots. The policy changes include the following which is proposed to be effective for April 2018 permits:
• Establishment of a quarterly parking permit. Instead of annual permits, the staff is proposing setting aside 50 Surface Lot permits and 70 Miller Avenue Garage permits for Quarterly Permit holders.
– The quarterly permits will begin being issued for the months of April-June 2018.
– The quarterly permit cost will be $90 for the Miller Avenue Garage and $120 for the Surface Lots.
• Modifications to payment dates. Staff is proposing to have a payment deadline of the 25th of the month for permit holders on auto-renewal not using the auto-pay feature.
– On the 26th of the month, the auto-renewal permits not yet paid will be canceled and the customer will have to reapply for a permit.
If you have any comments about the proposed changes please send an email no later than February 12, 2018, to firstname.lastname@example.org or attend the Parking Place Commission on Tuesday, February 13, 2018, at 5 pm at the 2nd Floor Conference Room in City Hall at 400 Grand Avenue.