South San Francisco, CA April 11, 2018
Editor’s Note: We are finding many of our links to the City of South San Francisco website no longer connect as the City continues to update and remodel their site. To that end we are working to bring some important items to our site for easier access.
Here you will find the most frequently asked questions regarding the Community Civic Campus. If you have a question but don’t see it listed here, please send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The District tax is one-half percent (.5%). That is an additional $0.50 in tax for $100 of items subject to the tax.
The District tax went in to effect April 1, 2016.
The program includes a new joint library and recreation facility, as well as a new police station with IT/HR, and a new fire station.
Estimated costs are $157-173 million and include costs to acquire land needed for these projects, as well as parking.
- A new 87,000 – 92,000 sq-ft Library and Park & Recreation facility
- A new 7,200 sq-ft Fire Station 63
- A new 44,000 sq-ft Police/IT/HR
Buildings will be built as follows:
- The new library/recreation facility will be built on the land immediately adjacent to El Camino Real and Antoinette
- The Police facility will be built in the location of the Pet Club
- The Fire station will be located at the corner of Camaritas and Arroyo
Anticipated construction schedule is as follows:
- Construction for the Library/Recreation facility is expected to begin in Q1 of 2020
- Construction for the Police and Fire is expected to begin as early as Q1 of 2020
** The dates noted above are conceptual and are subject to change as the design progresses **
Services during construction will not change.
Services following construction of each facility will improve and increase customer services, as well as response times resulting from significant upgrades and improvements to technology and equipment for each facility.
City uses in the MSB will relocate to the new Community Civic Campus facilities once built, and the MSB will be demolished with the land made available for mixed-use development.
Programming at the MSB site will continue while the new project is in construction.
All existing programs, plus new programming would move to the new building and be available when the facility opens in mid-late 2021*.
* Opening date is subject to change
There are a number of ways to stay informed:
- This website will provide updates
- Sign-up for quarterly email updates
- Monthly newsletter once construction begins
There will be contracting opportunities. To be added to the mailing/interest list please send contact information to: email@example.com
The only business affected by this program is the Pet Club. It is currently on a month to month lease.