: Monday, April 23, 2018; 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
: Municipal Services Building, 33 Arroyo Drive
is excited to embark on the next phase of our Measure W Community Civic Campus effort. We have selected a site (at the corner of El Camino Real and Chestnut) and have chosen our architect for this project, SmithGroupJJR
. We are in the early stages of the process, beginning with a Concept Design Phase that is already underway.
We will be building a new state-of-the-art police station and fire station as well as a community center which will house the city’s library and recreational programs. These are essential services that are needed by our growing and changing community.
As part of this outreach phase, we are embarking on a robust community engagement process that builds on previous Measure W efforts. The outreach is focused on the community center as that is the building that will be used by the residents and the public at large.
These past few weeks, City Staff, along with members of SmithGroupJJR, have been actively participating in City meetings with our Boards and Commissions and other committees.
We also want YOU, our residents, to be a part of this process. During our Neighborhood Community Informational Meeting, on Monday, April 23, you will hear from City Staff and SmithGroupJJR as to where we’ve been, what we’ve done and where we’re headed. At this meeting, we want to get your input on the following:
* How do you utilize the current civic facilities?
* How would you like to utilize the new Community Civic Campus? What kind of experiences would you like to have?
* What aspects of your culture do you hope are reflected in the new Community Civic Campus?
Your feedback will inform design concepts that will be developed over the next several weeks. We will be presenting the design concepts to the public at the venues below for further input:
* City Council Study Session, April 25th at the Municipal Services Building, Council Chambers, 33 Arroyo Drive – 6:00 p.m.
* Streets Alive! Parks Alive! At Orange Memorial Park (Fernekes Building), on May 5th from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
* Mayor’s State of the City & Community Civic Campus Town Hall
on May 22nd at 6:30 p.m.
in the MSB Building, Social Hall (33 Arroyo Drive
We look forward to seeing you at the upcoming Neighborhood Community Informational Meeting!
For questions, please contact CommunityCivicCampus@ssf.net.