South San Francisco, CA April 2, 2018
Do you find yourself stashing stuff in your home during the year with the intent to do something with it later and later never comes? Is the clutter in your garage and your home starting to take a life of it’s own? Don’t let yourself be controlled by ‘stuff’! Now you can take charge- and advantage of this great opportunity to help you with your spring cleaning and lighten your load as we move through 2018!
The annual Spring Cleanup day is this Saturday, April 7 from 9:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m at the Public Works Corporation Yard, 550 N. Canal Street
Spring Cleanup Day
Bring all your unwanted household items to this event for free.
Donations, Garbage, E-Waste, and Paper Shredding all in ONE location!
- The Salvation Army will be on hand to collect donations. Please see a list of items that will NOT be accepted.
- Anything not accepted as a donation can be thrown in large trash bins donated by the SSF Scavenger Co.
- You can drop off one carload per household, for FREE. (The load is not to exceed one cubic yard (similar to the size of a washer/dryer)
- We will not accept:
- Hazardous waste
- Yard trimmings
- Construction/demolition debris
- Dirt, rock, concrete
- For information on how to dispose of these materials, please visit www.ssfscavenger.com or call (650) 589-4020
- Need shredding? Residents are allowed up to five (5) file boxes for document destruction. Please note, you cannot wait for your documents to be shred in an effort to keep the line moving.
- We will accept all of your old electronics, such as phones, computers, T.V.’s, etc.
- We will NOT accept fluorescent bulbs or any light bulbs of any kind
Questions? Email CityInfo@ssf.net
* One carload allowed per household.
* Tires, yard trimmings, construction/demolition debris, dirt, rock,
concrete, and hazardous waste will not be accepted. For information
on how to dispose of these materials, please visit the SSF Scavengers website or call (650) 589-4020.
Our local recycling company ZARC deserves a Big Shout Out for sponsoring our E-Waste events and donating money back to the SSF Community Preservation Task Force which uses the funds to purchase and plant trees in various areas around town during cleanups. More info on CPTF CLICK HERE and feel free to join the public meetings held at the MSB (Betty Weber Room) 33 Arroyo Drive at noon on the 2nd Wednesday of the month. HERE is info on this past meeting as they helped plan this event.
Details are on the flyer below and your neighbors would greatly appreciate hearing about this too so please do share this information.
Questions? Contact Leslie.email@example.com or call the City at 650/829.6603
For those that are wondering our City Wide Garage Sale takes place the 2nd Saturday in September (Sept 8, 2018) so mark your calendar NOW!
Have items to donate? Check out the resource list below or read more HERE!
ST. Vincent de Paul
Daly City & South San Francisco Store Hours
Monday thru Saturday
9 am – 7 pm
10 am – 6 pm
San Bruno, San Mateo & Redwood City Store Hours Monday thru Saturday
10 am – 8 pm
10 am – 6 pm
Donation Pick-Up 650.871.6844
Monday thru Friday
9 am – 5 pm
9 am – 4 pm
Drop-Off Donation Hours Everyday
10 am – 5 pm
Salvation Army Family Store and Donation Trailer
1170 Mission Rd SSF Accepts Automotive
Ph: 650 873-3006
225 Kenwood (Brentwood Shopping Center) Accepts Electronics
Schedule a Donation Pickup Online Here or Call:
(650) 312-0725 · Toll-free: 1 (877) 997-2722
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES thanks to Teresa Montgomery with SSF Scavengers: