South San Francisco, CA June 16, 2018 Submitted by Mina Richardson, SSF Resident
The City of South San Francisco (City) is pleased to offer the 2018-2019 Low-Income Sewer Service Rebate Program to residents who are eligible to participate in ** Cal Water’s Low Income Rate Assistance (LIRA) Program. **(see below for more info) The City Council has approved the rebate program for current Cal Water LIRA eligible residential customers throughout South San Francisco. Qualifying applicants will receive $76 per address for this fiscal year.
If you qualify for this rebate, please complete and submit the rebate request application and follow instructions below.
Application Requirements- please provide along with a completed and signed application, copies of the following:
- Valid California Driver’s License or Identification Card
- Proof of enrollment in the Cal Water LIRA program
- Recent copy of Cal Water LIRA bill in the same name as on this application
- You must live at the address where the rebate will be received
- You must submit your Property Tax bill for sewer fee payment confirmation (Renters will also need to obtain this)
How to Apply:
Please complete this form and return to the Public Works Corporation Yard or send application to:
Low-Income Sewer Service Rebate Program Public Works Corporation Yard
550 N. Canal Street
South San Francisco, CA 94080
For questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call
LIRA offers a service-charge discount to qualifying low-income customers.
To qualify for LIRA:
- The Cal Water bill must be in your name.
- You must live at the address where the discount will be received.
- Your household must meet the income guidelines detailed below OR someone in your household must be enrolled in a qualified public assistance program.
- You must notify Cal Water if your household no longer qualifies for the LIRA discount.
- Following enrollment, you may be required to provide proof of eligibility.
- You are required to recertify your eligibility every two years (four years if you have documentation proving you are handicapped or elderly [62+]).
Maximum Household Income (effective June 1, 2017 – May 31, 2018)
To be eligible for LIRA based on household income, your household’s gross annual income may not exceed these guidelines:
|Total Combined Annual Income||$32,920||$41,560||$50,200||$58,840||$67,480||$76,120||$84,760|
(Add $8,640 for each additional household member)
Current Cal Water customers living in a single-family residence may apply for LIRA electronically using the form below.
The LIRA is not retroactive. If you qualify, you will receive a discount beginning the month after Cal Water received your application. If you prefer not to mail or e-mail your application, you may bring it to your local Customer Center.
If you have questions about LIRA, please e-mail email@example.com or call toll-free (877) 419-1701.