South San Francisco, CA February 22, 2019 Submitted by SMC Office of Sustainability
Please join us for the second convening of the Climate Ready SMC Collaborative. In light of your input and a timely opportunity to align our meeting with fire preparedness and emergency planning currently underway in San Mateo County, we invite you to contribute to a climate and fire ready San Mateo County. This meeting will provide an opportunity for us to learn together and dive deeper into the needs and opportunities of different sectors and communities to prepare for growing fire risk in our diverse communities. Click here to RSVP.
- Bring together stakeholders with a shared interest in wildfire prevention, preparedness, response and recovery.
- Learn and develop shared knowledge about climate change and wildfire risks in San Mateo County.
- Facilitate discussions and establish a coordinated approach on current projects, and future priorities and public awareness activities for wildfire.
- Learn about climate change and wildfire, including preliminary modelling results for changing wildfire risks in San Mateo County,
- Hear about lessons learned from fire impacted communities and new approaches and strategies that have been put in place since,
- Hear about current fire safety efforts underway in San Mateo County,
- Roll up your sleeves and participate in community, business and public agency working sessions to dig deeper into the needs and opportunities to prepare for increasing fire risk and help identify a prioritized set of collective actions.
DATE: Wednesday, March 13, 2019
TIME: 9:00 am (Refreshments/Networking); 9:30 am 12:30 pm (Convening)
LOCATION: Crowne Plaza, 1221 Chess Drive, Foster City, CA 94404
For questions about the event, please reach out to Jasneet Sharma at email@example.com or 650-363-4088.
Click here for more information about Climate Ready SMC.