South San Francisco, CA February 1, 2019 Submitted by SMC Alert System
The National Weather Service in San Francisco has issued a High Wind Warning, which is in effect from 3 PM this afternoon to 10 AM PST Saturday. The High Wind Watch is no longer in effect.
* WINDS…Southeast 25 to 35 mph with gusts 50 to 65 mph.
* LOCATION…Entire San Francisco Bay Area.
* TIMING…High Wind Warning is in effect from 3 pm this afternoon through 10 am Saturday morning. This is when the strongest winds are anticipated. Winds are forecast to peak late tonight or early Saturday morning as a powerful front moves onshore. Gusty winds will continue through Saturday and into Saturday evening. Winds will subside by Sunday.
* IMPACTS…Strong winds may blow down limbs, trees, and power lines. Power outages are expected.
FLASH FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THIS EVENING THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING
THE Flash Flood Watch continues for
* A portion of western California…including the following locations: The entire San Francisco Bay Area and Central Coast.
* From this evening through Saturday morning
* Travel through low lying areas on Friday night and Saturday morning may be hazardous. Do NOT drive through flooded roads.
For additional information visit the National Weather Service for the SF Bay Area on the web at: https://www.weather.gov/mtr/
Sandbags are generally available at the SSF Corp Yard 555 N Canal SSF (between Orange and Spruce Aves). Ph# 877-8550 M-F 8-5pm
PGE Outage info and map can be found CLICK HERE