South San Francisco, CA October 27, 2019
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
TO: All SMCCCD Faculty, Staff and Students and Members of the Community
FROM: SMCCCD Chancellor’s Office
DATE: Sunday, October 27, 2019
CLOSURE ON MONDAY, OCTOBER 28
Due to power outages, operations are suspended and campuses are closed at College of San Mateo, Skyline College and the District office on Monday, October 28, 2019. This suspension of operations will continue until 4:59 a.m. on Tuesday, October 29, 2019.
- Students scheduled to attend classes at College of San Mateo and Skyline College should NOT report for classes or other campus activities on Monday, October 28.
- Employees scheduled to work at College of San Mateo, Skyline College and the District office should NOT report to work on Monday, October 28, except for those employees who are required to report, as they are essential for emergency operations. Employees scheduled to work (but not reporting) at these locations will be compensated at their regular rate of pay. Employees required to work (and reporting) will be compensated at a different rate and that information will be provided in a separate communication to those employees.
Employees and students at Cañada College should report to work and classes as scheduled as the Cañada College campus is not impacted at this time
Depending upon the duration of the PG&E power outage, the District may extend or cancel this halt of operations. Decisions about further closures will be made and announced by 4 p.m. on Monday, October 28.
College of San Mateo, Skyline College and the District office are without power. At this point, Cañada College is not impacted by the power outage. The District has no control over this issue, and outages are subject to change by PG&E.
The closure of College of San Mateo, Skyline College and the District office applies to all functions, including classes, activities, events, games, performances, SMAC, construction activities and any hosted functions. During this closure, no employees, students or members of the community will be permitted to be on the campuses, except for those employees who are required to report to work, as they are essential for emergency operations.
UPDATES AND INFORMATION
All faculty, staff and students are strongly encouraged to sign up for AlertMe, the District’s emergency notification system: https://www.smccd.edu/
- SMCCCD: https://www.smccd.edu
- Cañada College: https://
- College of San Mateo: https://
- Skyline College: http://www.
Additional District emergency information can be accessed at: http://emergency.smccd.