South San Francisco, CA November 14, 2019 Press Release
The San Mateo County Board of Supervisors met Nov. 12, 2019. Below are the results of selected items on the agenda:
MATTERS SET FOR SPECIFIED TIME
- Accept the informational report regarding the preliminary draft of the Voter’s Choice Act Election Administration Plan & funding for the Voter Education and Outreach Plan for FY 2019-20.
The Board of Supervisors voted 5-0 to accept the report. The Board also made an additional motion to authorize $50,000 to community based organizations for voter outreach and the vote was 3-2 (supervisors Warren Slocum and Dave Pine were opposed). See Matters Set For Specified Time, Item No. 6, for more information.
- Adopt a resolution authorizing the Chief Election Officer, or designee, to execute agreements with each vendor listed in Attachment A, to provide as needed election-related services and supplies for the term of November 5, 2019 through November 4, 2022, for an aggregate amount not to exceed $6,700,000.
During the motion to set the agenda and approve consent items, the Board of Supervisors moved this item to the Dec. 10, 2019, agenda. See Regular Agenda, Item No. 7, for more information.
BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
- Adopt an ordinance adding a new Chapter 4.95 to Title 4 of the San Mateo County Ordinance Code to prohibit the sale or distribution of electronic cigarettes, previously introduced on November 5, 2019, and waive the reading of the ordinance in its entirety.
The Board of Supervisors voted 5-0 to adopt the ordinance. See Consent Agenda, Item No. 14, for more information.
- Recommendation to confirm Nicholas Calderon as Director of Parks.
The Board of Supervisors voted 5-0 to confirm Nicholas Calderon as Director of Parks. See Consent Agenda, Item No. 23, for more information.
- Accept the Parks Department Land Acquisition and Management Assessment Process.
The Board of Supervisors voted 5-0 to accept the Parks Department Land Acquisition and Management Assessment Process. See Consent Agenda, Item No. 35, for more information.
- Adopt a resolution:
- A) Waiving the Request of Proposals process for the purchase of a Training Ammunition Combat (TAC) House and authorizing the Sheriff or his designee to enter into an agreement with Action Target to secure the procurement of a Training Ammunition Combat House in an amount not to exceed $217,285; and
- B) Authorizing an Appropriation Transfer Request (ATR) in the amount of $217,285 transferring revenue from Asset Forfeiture and Range Renovation funds and increasing appropriations to Fixed Assets.
The Board of Supervisors voted 5-0 to adopt the resolution. See Consent Agenda, Item No. 39, for more information.