South San Francisco, CA February 4, 2020 Submitted by Rorex Marketing Solutions
San Mateo, CA: The San Mateo County Fair was inducted into the Hall of Honor by the International Association of Fairs and Expositions.
The San Mateo County Fair’s 2019 television commercial received a first place Award of Excellence in the Hall of Honor Communications contest at the annual International Association of Fairs and Expositions (IAFE) convention in Texas. The Hall of Honor Communications contest received 889 entries, showcasing a vast array of promotional tactics used at fairs across the world. The television commercial was produced by Atomic Productions.
In addition, the San Mateo County Fair received 18 awards at the recent Western Fair’s Association (WFA) annual convention in Nevada, including a record-tying six first place awards. WFA is a trade association serving the fair industry throughout the western United States and Canada.
“Our team is dedicated to producing a quality fair at which families and friends can make lifetime memories,” said Dana Stoehr, chief executive officer of the San Mateo Event Center and Fair. “Their dedication, talent and commitment to our fair guests is reflected in both the IAFE and WFA awards.”
The San Mateo County Fair received 18 WFA Achievement Awards, which included six first-place awards, seven second-place awards and five third-place awards: “Our team is thrilled to have tied the Fair’s 2014 record of six first-place awards,” said Justin Aquino, fair operations manager. “Our primary goal is to produce an outstanding fair every single year, but the icing on the cake is when industry officials recognize our commitment to excellence.”
The WFA awards were received for:
First Place Awards (WFA)
- New Sponsorship Program: New for 2019, the Selfie Museum, “Celebrate Your Selfie” sponsored by the San Francisco Chronicle
- Single Radio Ad Foreign Language: “The fair is…” Spanish radio spot
- Television Advertising Series: Five 30-second videos on various elements of the fair
- Fair Program/Schedule: Visitor Guide distributed at the gate and downloadable online
- Foreign Language Television Ad: “The Fair is…” Spanish TV spot
- Give it your Best Shot – Animals Division: Photograph depicting affection for a camel
Second Place Awards (WFA)
- Cultural Marketing Campaign: Facebook live episodes produced by Latin Bay Area
- Volunteers: Recruitment of fair volunteers on social media and with flyers
- Digital Marketing Campaign: “The Fair is…” marketing campaign
- New Cultural Program: Pacific Islands Day at the Fair (new for 2019)
- Outdoor Advertising Campaign: Fairtime events digital billboard displays
- Give it Your Best Shot – Carnival Division: Photograph of the Ferris Wheel in the golden sunset
- Give it your Best Shot – Entertainment and Grounds Acts Division: Photograph of 98º band performing on stage
Third Place Awards (WFA)
- New Event, Exhibit or Program: Junior Chefs contest
- Fairtime Advertising Poster: Fair poster of dates and concerts
- New Community Outreach Program: Family Pride Day (new for 2019)
- Television Advertising: “The Fair Is…” TV commercial
- Give it Your Best Shot – People Division: Photograph of 98º group performing on stage
The San Mateo County Fair is the Peninsula’s premier community event for family fun and entertainment. The San Mateo County Fair strives to provide a diverse experience through education, inspiration and entertainment. The annual fair represents a celebration of our community’s talent, interests, innovations and rich agricultural and artistic heritage. The ongoing theme of the Fair is “Where Tradition Meets Innovation.” The 2020 Fair runs June 13 through June 21
Visit sanmateocountyfair.com for regular updates, contest entry, ticket giveaways and promotions. #SMCF2020.