South San Francisco, CA February 29, 2020 Candidate Statement
Editor’s Note: South San Francisco resident Tom Carney is campaigning for a seat on our San Mateo County Board of Supervisors, District 1. He is asking for your vote as a write in on your March 3rd ballot. To read more about Tom, and some of his activities that have been archived on Everything South City, CLICK HERE
Tom Carney a parent, a South San Francisco Fire Safety Inspector, and Urban Search and Rescue Canine Handler.
He is a long-time community leader who is running for San Mateo County Board of Supervisors to serve as an effective advocate for residents in District 1.
At 20, Tom came to California with little money in his pocket, an immigrant from Ireland looking for an opportunity. He worked hard and took many jobs before joining the Carpenters Union, Local 217.
He spent the last 26 years of his career with the City of South San Francisco. He’s married with two young children, a six-year-old son and a three-year-old daughter.
As Supervisor, Tom Carney will fight to preserve the quality of life by:
- Improving access to early childhood education and after-school programs.
- Protecting open spaces including San Bruno Mountain and Colma Creek.
- Safeguarding existing parks and creating new parks.
- Reducing homelessness by working closely with non-profit organizations to address the root causes of the crisis.
- Improving infrastructure to decrease traffic and accessibility to essential basic amenities (stores, hospitals, services, etc.)
- Providing better access to services for seniors.
- Addressing the housing crisis with a sensible approach.
“I will put your quality of life first. Resident’s in District 1 need an advocate that is fearless and willing to be unpopular to do what is right for the community.”
For more information, contact Tom Carney at (650) 438-8604 or email@example.com.
Follow Tom Carney on Instagram @tom.carney.ssf