South San Francisco, CA May 30, 2020 Submitted by San Mateo County Harbor District
Pillar Point Harbor will begin re-opening with Limited Services on Saturday, May 30th at 6:30 am. Please note that social distancing and face coverings are mandatory.
Services and Facilities that will be available beginning May 30th include the launch ramp, Johnson pier, dockside fish sales, the fishing pier, public restrooms, and all public parking. Please note that all picnic areas (including barbecues and picnic tables) remain closed until further notice.
While using any of the facilities at Pillar Point Harbor, it is Mandatory to adhere to social distancing guidelines, wear face coverings, and observe modified protocols as instructed by staff and signage.
New Launch Ramp Rules:
- Only one vessel allowed to launch at a time.
- One Vehicle on Ramp at a Time
- One Vessel Launching at a Time
- Remain in Your Vehicle While Waiting to Launch
- All people in vessels waiting at dock must be onboard vessel
- Maintain Social Distancing at All Times (including while waiting to pay and/or launch)
Johnson Pier Access:
- Johnson Pier access is allowed for the buying of fish from those vessels selling fish
- Face covering/masks must always be worn while on pier or purchasing fish
- Maintain Social Distance of at least 6 feet while on the pier
- Only one person at a time is to move up or down the gangway to the dock
- Once fish has been purchased please exit the pier to allow for others who may be waiting
Please note that annual launch ramp passes will also be extended by the number of months the ramps were closed.
Our commitment to serve remains the same, and we thank you for understanding the unique challenges faced by all during this time. For more information, please visit the District’s website at: https://www.smharbor.com/covid-19-updates or call (650) 583-4400.