South San Francisco, CA August 11, 2020 Submitted by Hip Housing
Special Events and Database Manager
About HIP Housing: HIP Housing is a highly respected nonprofit agency offering innovative solutions to the San Mateo County affordable housing challenge. Founded in 1972, HIP Housing’s mission is to invest in human potential by improving the housing and lives of people in our community. We provide housing options to 1400 low-income people each year and benefit from an exceptional staff, well-established programs and financial stability. HIP Housing’s programs are nationally recognized and have been highlighted in Newsweek, USA Today, Metropolitan Home, and on the Oprah Winfrey Show.
Our Team: Our team includes a staff of 40 with a diverse governing board of 18-20 Directors who assist in the advancement of HIP Housing’s mission. We seek team members who embrace our mission and respect our commitment to our community and our staff.
Position Profile: This is an exciting time in housing. With the dramatic local need has come a great deal of opportunity. We are seeking a self-motivated manager of Special Events and Database to join our team and help to guide our diverse organization. This job will be responsible for developing, planning and implementing all events for HIP Housing and its affiliates, as well as for the management of the HIP Housing Donor Database and Volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To creatively administrate all aspects of HIP Housing events in support of fundraising and outreach goals. Responsibilities include the planning, management, and reconciliation of all events as well as advanced database aptitude. The right candidate will be exceptionally detail-oriented, have strong people skills, a good design eye, be interested in new event technologies, and be experienced with database management and reporting functions. In addition to Fund Development, this position works closely with the accounting and marketing teams
- Project manage all events including overall strategy, planning, location logistics, and execution
- Effectively promote events through print and digital channels including PR, invitations, advertising, signage, flyers, day-of event collateral, and follow-up materials and communications
- Forecast and manage event budgets
- Supervise contractors, as needed
- Assist with creating strategy, generate and post-event content on social media platforms, and use website and other digital media to engage donors/prospects manage all online
- Perform and oversee all data entry in RE/NXT, including routine daily gifts [cash, check, credit card, securities] and demographic data with the goal of providing current, consistent, and accurate
- Develop expert competency in the organization’s overall use of RE/NXT, serving as trainer and system administrator. Interfaces with Blackbaud when needed.
- Create and maintain RE/NXT user manual for HIP Housing staff detailing business rules/procedures for data management, entry,
- Produce well-written, accurate acknowledgment letters/tax receipts in timely manner, applying knowledge of tax receipting protocol to comply with federal
- Generate pledge reminders and invoices
- Produce and send all Tribute cards/notifications.
- Provide data queries/reports for appeals, events, campaigns, mailings, newsletter, emails and other communications.
- Analyze constituent giving trends for stewardship and recognition purposes, as well as prospect identification.
- Merge duplicate records and performs other data clean up tasks to maintain data
- Monitor trends in best use of Raiser’s Edge features to better accomplish the goals of HIP
- Generate daily gift batch reports and processes digital bank
- Trouble shoot gift processing issues such as online credit cards or merchant account
- Reconcile and close monthly development financials with accounting
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- 3+ years’ experience in event management and Raiser’s Edge/NXT (or similar nonprofit fundraising CRM)
required; some database experience desired.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to maintaining high-quality CRM data integrity and to seeking ways to create continued
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to coordinate multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrated ability to execute in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle private donor information with discretion and confidentiality
- Commitment to HIP Housing’s mission and values
800 S. Claremont St., #210, San Mateo, CA 94402. ** Will work remotely temporarily, due to Covid-19.
Directly reports to the Director of Fund Development.
Salary and Benefits:
- Full-time, exempt, at-will, annually reviewed position
- Starting salary $66,000 – $72,000 Annualized
- Excellent benefits package including: PTO, medical, dental, vision and matched pension plan (5%)
- Additionally, this position features alternating Friday’s off
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The subject line should indicate: Special Events and Database Manager. Open until filled.
HIP Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer