South San Francisco, CA August 15, 2021 Submitted by Brisbane Chamber of Commerce
An Additional 200 $10,000 grants are available to small businesses through San Mateo County Strong. The application portal will open tomorrow, Monday August 16th at 8am and will close on September 7th. Once the application window has closed, grants will be distributed using a lottery system.
Visit smcstrong.org to learn more information and apply.
Eligible Applicants Must Meet the Following Criteria:
- Have NOT received county, state, or federal assistance in the last 12 months are eligible to apply.
- Had $120,000 or less in gross income in 2019
- Had 10 or fewer employees
- Can demonstrate that the business was negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic by providing completed tax returns from 2019 and 2020 including IRS Schedule C or Form 1065
- Currently occupy a physical commercial business space in San Mateo County.
- If the business is a franchise, is independently owned and operated by a County resident, or 50% or more of the franchisee ownership must be comprised of County resident
- Applicant must be in full compliance with all applicable regulations for the business including, but not limited to regulations related to the following:
- County Environmental Health permit
- County/City planning and building requirements
- State/County/City business and ABC permits
- State and local minimum wage requirements
- Health officer orders and other orders related to the COVID-19 public health emergency
- Applicants must possess and present a copy of government-issued photo identification. Legal residency is not a condition of approval, and no information will be shared with other government agencies.
- Establishments that have changed ownership since March 11, 2020, and otherwise meet the Program criteria above are eligible.
- The establishment for which the grant is sought was being lawfully operated prior to March 11, 2020, when a local state of emergency was proclaimed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.