South San Francisco,CA October 23, 2021
SANDBAGS – It’s that time of year again! Sandbag supplies are now available in the front parking lot of South City Corporation Yard (550 North Canal St.). Please limit 10 per #SSF address.
CHECK THE PGE POWER OUTAGE MAP if you loose power – this will give you an idea of how long it will take for power to possibly be restored. https://pgealerts.alerts.pge.com/outagecenter/
DOWN POWER LINES – WHAT TO DO – A GOOD REMINDER FROM OUR 2015 ARCHIVE HERE!!
What to do if you see a downed power line
Never, ever touch a downed power line or go near one. Power lines are not insulated like power cords. Always assume the power line is live.
- Don’t touch a fallen power line or anything touching the wire.
- Do not touch anything or anyone in contact with a fallen power line or other equipment.
- Keep children and pets away from fallen electric wires.
- Do not drive over a fallen power line.
- Call 911 immediately to report a fallen power line.
What to do if a power line touches your car
If your vehicle comes in contact with a downed power line
- Stay inside! The safest place is in your car. The ground around your car may be energized.
- Honk the horn, roll down your window and yell for help.
- Warn others to stay away. Anyone who touches the equipment or ground around the vehicle may be injured.
- Use your mobile phone to call 911.
- Fire department, police and PG&E workers will tell you when it is safe to get out of the vehicle.
If there is a fire and you have to exit a vehicle that has come in contact with downed power lines
- Remove loose items of clothing.
- Keep your hands at your sides and jump clear of the vehicle, so you are not touching the car when your feet hit the ground.
- Keep both feet close together and shuffle away from the vehicle without picking up your feet.