South San Francisco, CA November 3, 2021 Press Release
San Mateo County Event Center Expands Vaccination Site – Immediately Posts Job Opportunities
The San Mateo County Event Center is pleased to announce that they will continue to host and expand COVID-19 vaccinations for every person 12 and up and soon will begin vaccinating 5-12 year olds in alignment with federal guidelines.
The Event Center is hiring, and positions are available immediately. If you want a well-paying job while helping your community we are the place for you! Salary and benefits are competitive. Several different positions are open, some with no experience necessary. Looking for holiday work without the strain? This is the job for you!
Applicants should apply through the Event Center website at https://smcec.co/smcec-employment
As an employee you will be an important team member. Each of our staff members is committed to building and sustaining equitable and inclusive work and social environments where diversity is celebrated and valued. We believe diversity, equity and inclusion, benefit and enrich the experience of all of our staff and guests.
The County of San Mateo is using the San Mateo County Event Center for COVID-19 primary and booster vaccination programs. These vaccination programs are essential to public health and will help us overcome the COVID-19 pandemic.
ABOUT THE SAN MATEO COUNTY EVENTS CENTER: For the past year, the San Mateo County Events Center has been unable to host most events, but instead played a vital role in protecting our health care workers and most vulnerable populations by serving as a COVID-19 testing site, operations hub and supply center, 250-bed temporary overflow hospital, and vaccine distribution center for the San Francisco Bay Area. To date, the Event Center has administered 250,000 COVID-19 tests and vaccinated more than 90,000 individuals. Visit our website at https://www.smchealth.org/
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS – CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW!!
The San Mateo County Event Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion benefits and enriches the experience of our staff, clients and guests.
PLEASE NOTE: All Event Center Employees must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
The San Mateo County Event Center is seeking applicants to assist the County of San Mateo’s Covid-19 vaccination operations. We are confident you will have a positive experience as you will be taking part in this important program which will benefit our County and communities!
$25.00 per hour
Must be flexible and available for full-time work between the hours of 7:00 am and 8:00 pm on Tuesday through Saturday of each week.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following tasks:
- Set up and take down of vaccination site including setup tables, boxes, markers, white boards, cleaning and other office equipment used during the operations.
- Assist participants by answering questions and providing direction.
- Manage the overall traffic flow at the site, minimizing the potential overflow of traffic onto city streets while guiding participant automobiles as they navigate through the site from entry point to check-in, vaccine stations, and then the exit.
- Perform data entry utilizing a healthcare system to document vaccination.
- Distribute flyers.
- Prepare vaccine cards.
- Input registrations on the vaccination system.
- Clean and sanitize equipment and ensure site is clear of trash or debris.
- Ensure all safety measures of participant are met including wearing masks and social distancing.
- You may be assigned to work at the children’s on site vaccination clinic.
- You may be assigned to work at various vaccination clinics throughout the County of San Mateo.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Reliable transportation to report to work at the San Mateo County Event Center and other vaccination clinics in which you are assigned within the County of San Mateo.
- Proficient computer and clerical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and communicate well to participants and team members. Ability to interact with the public.
- Experience working with children is a plus.
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction.
- Requires being responsible, reliable and dependable to fulfill job obligations and to arrive to all shifts on time.
- Be accustomed to working outdoors as you may be subject to various weather-related environments.
- Must be provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time. A majority of the work is outdoors and employee may be subject to various weather related environments. The employee is frequently required to make repetitive hand movements in the performance of daily duties. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Must be able to speak, hear and see. Vision requirements are close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.