South San Francisco, CA November 5, 2021 Press Release
As Veterans Day approaches, South San Francisco thanks all veterans for their service and sacrifice in defense of our Country. “Veterans Day provides an opportunity to celebrate the commitment and sacrifice of our local, state, and national military heroes,” says South San Francisco Mayor Mark Addiego. “It is a day commemorating and honoring generations of past and present military service members and their families.”
- The City of South San Francisco and local businesses are honoring its veterans with A Salute to Our Veterans by displaying American flags along Grand Avenue while local businesses are offering special discounts and/or services to Veterans who show their Military/Veteran ID card or a Veteran memento for verification. For a list of participating businesses, please visit https://bit.ly/SSFVeteran.
- This Thursday, November 11, the City has partnered with Royal Pin Donuts, 551 El Camino Real in South San Francisco, to provide free donuts if you’re a veteran (up to ½ dozen). Stop by Royal Pin Donuts between 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.!
- Letters of Gratitude. The month of November, stop by our Grand and Main Libraries to read the thank you hearts from children in our after-school programs. Got a message for our veteran? We encourage you to fill out a heart and post it at the library thanking a veteran for their service and sacrifice.
- Veterans can also swim free Friday, November 12, and Saturday, November 13 at the Orange Memorial Park Swimming Pool, located at 1 West Orange Avenue, South San Francisco, California
- Transitioning from military to civilian life
- Finding jobs
- Surviving change
- Veterans’ benefits
- Managing post-traumatic stress disorders.