April 26th, 2023 – South San Francisco, CA – from City of SSF
The City of South San Francisco has proudly partnered with the County of San Mateo and Community Connections to provide the community with free interactive Be Sensitive, Be Brave for Mental Health training.
Be Sensitive, Be Brave for Mental Health (BSBB: MH) infuses culture and diversity throughout a foundational workshop on mental health and mental health conditions. The workshop prepares community members to help friends and loved ones during distress. Participants will learn how to recognize mental health conditions, what to do when someone needs support, and tools for maintaining good mental health and preventing mental health conditions. Diversity considerations are addressed throughout the workshop as we discuss how mental health challenges may differ across cultures.
- Learn how to identify when you or someone you know is in mental distress
- Practice being sensitive and brave in helping others
- Increase awareness of mental health resources
- Learn how to prevent mental illness by using a recipe for mental health
- Build cultural sensitivity around mental illness
- Increase community responsiveness and decrease stigma
Who Should Attend?
All community members, high school-age and above, including those who are not mental health or suicide prevention professionals.
Upon completion, participants who enroll and complete the course will receive a $25 gift card.
Register here by May 3, 2023.
[…] Source link […]