Public Hearing On Genentech Master Plan ChangesSouth San Francisco, CA June 7, 2013
CITY OF SOUTH SAN FRANCISCOREGULAR MEETING
MUNICIPAL SERVICES BUILDING
COMMUNITY ROOMWEDNESDAY , JUNE 12, 2013
|PEOPLE OF SOUTH SAN FRANCISCOYou are invited to offer your suggestions. In order that you may know our method of conducting Council business, we proceed as follows:The regular meetings of the City Council are held on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the Municipal Services Building, Community Room, 33 Arroyo Drive, South San Francisco, California.Public Comment: For those wishing to address the City Council on any Agenda or non-Agendized item, please complete a Speaker Card located at the entrance to the Council Chamber’s and submit it to the City Clerk. Please be sure to indicate the Agenda Item # you wish to address or the topic of your public comment. California law prevents the City Council from taking action on any item not on the Agenda (except in emergency circumstances). Your question or problem may be referred to staff for investigation and/or action where appropriate or the matter may be placed on a future Agenda for more comprehensive action or a report. When your name is called, please come to the podium, state your name and address (optional) for the Minutes. COMMENTS ARE LIMITED TO THREE (3) MINUTES PER SPEAKER. Thank you for your cooperation.
The City Clerk will read successively the items of business appearing on the Agenda. As she completes reading an item, it will be ready for Council action.
Mayor Pro Tem
|MARK N. ADDIEGO
|RICHARD A. GARBARINO, SR
|DR. PRADEEP GUPTA
|STEVEN T. MATTAS
In accordance with California Government Code Section 54957.5, any writing or document that is a public record, relates to an open session agenda item, and is distributed less than 72 hours prior to a regular meeting will be made available for public inspection in the City Clerk’s Office located at City Hall. If, however, the document or writing is not distributed until the regular meeting to which it relates, then the document or writing will be made available to the public at the location of the meeting, as listed on this agenda. The address of City Hall is 400 Grand Avenue, South San Francisco, California 94080.
CALL TO ORDER
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- State of the City Address by Mayor Gonzalez.
ITEMS FROM COUNCIL
- Committee Reports.
1. Motion to approve the Minutes of the Meetings of May 1, 2013, May 13, 2013, May 22, 2013, and May 28, 2013.
2. Motion confirming payment registers for June 12, 2013.
3. Motion to accept the Stonegate Tennis Court Replacement Project (Project No. pk1302) as complete in accordance with the plans and specifications.
4. Resolution approving Amendment No. 9 to the Employment Agreement between Barry M. Nagel and the City of South San Francisco for service as City Manager.
5. Resolution calling a General Election to be consolidated with the Special Election called by Resolution 110- 2012, setting candidate statement requirements pursuant to Section 13307 of the California Elections Code and requesting (1) that the Board of Supervisors of San Mateo County consolidate the General Election with the Regular Election to be held on November 5, 2013; and (2) that the County Registrar perform certain election services in connection with such election; and authorizing the City Manager to reimburse the County for election services.
6. Resolution accepting donations in the amount of $5,650 to support the Library’s Summer Reading Club and Reader Leader Program, and amending the Library Department’s 2012/2013 Operating Budget.
7. Resolution authorizing the filing of an application for funding assigned to the Metropolitan Transportation Commission (“MTC”) and committing any necessary matching funds and stating the assurance to complete the South San Francisco Grand Boulevard Project.
8. Resolution authorizing the acceptance of $71,100 in Grant Funding from San Mateo County Office of Education to implement Safe Routes to School Projects and amending the Parks and Recreation Department 2013/14 Operating Budget.
9. Acknowledgement of a Proclamation issued honoring the retirement of Public Works Program Manager Frank McAuley.
10. Genentech Master Plan Genentech/Owner and Applicant Shar Zamanpour/Applicant’s agent HCP Life Science Estates/ Owner and Applicant John Bergschnieder/Applicant’s agent P05-0141:RZ13-0001, MPM13-0002, ZA13-0001 Master Plan Amendment and Zoning Text and Map Amendments to include additional parcels in the Genentech Master Plan Zoning District, including 530 Forbes Blvd. (APN 015-210-150), 1511 Grandview Dr. (APN 015-240-270), 500 Forbes Blvd. (APN 015-210-140) and 450 – 660 East Grand Avenue (APNs 015-101-090, 015-102-360 & 015-102-370); modifications to the 2007 Genentech Master Plan, including the Implementation Program; Zoning Text Amendments to clarify certain sections of Chapter 20.260 (“Genentech Master Plan District”); and approval of a Notice of Special Restriction for property that is leased to Genentech to modify and give notice, respectively, of the requirements for a child care facility and retail/restaurant space at “South Campus” (formerly “Britannia East Grand”), 450-660 East Grand Avenue, in accordance with SSFMC Chapters 20.220, 20.450, 20.460, and 20.550.
11. Resolution accepting an Increase in Solid Waste Collection Rate as submitted by the Scavenger Company Effective July 1, 2013.