South San Francisco, Ca March 23, 2017 from SSFUSD Website via Nalani Allen-Cantley
BUILDING OUR PARTNERSHIP FOR OUR STUDENTS
The South San Francisco Unified School District is pleased to announce a tentative agreement between the South San Francisco Classroom Teachers Association and the Board of Trustees, resulting in a total increase of 7% for the current school year and an additional 2% increase in the 2017-2018 school year. Pending ratification of this agreement by the South San Francisco Teachers Association, it will go to the Board of Trustees for approval.
Following eleven months of negotiations, we are grateful to all members of the negotiating teams for their hard work, dedication, and collaborative spirit. We know this has been a challenging time for our District, and we appreciate and respect your patience.
The tentative agreement, briefly outlined below, exemplifies the Board’s commitment to the District, our staff, and students. Our hope is that we can now return our full attention to our passion and purpose; providing the best educational opportunities for our students, delivered by a highly qualified and professional teaching force.
Our tentative agreement includes the priority of keeping our salaries competitive with:
- A 2% increase in our 2016-2017 certificated salaries (which is in addition to the 5% the Board of Trustees approved during the 2015- 2016 school year).
- A 2% increase in our 2017-2018 certificated salaries.
- An increase in our hourly rate to $45 beginning June 1, 2017.
- A 50% increase in our class I, II, III, and IV stipends beginning July 1, 2017.
- Removing required semester units to step advance.
- Move the golf coach to a class I stipend.
- Add $1,000 at step 5 on the Speech and Language Pathologist salary schedule and eliminate the $1,000 stipend at step 5.
Dr. Moore and the SSFUSD Board of Trustees