Brandon Vargas’ Juicy Baby Back Ribs Recipe
South San Francisco, CA June 14, 2021
In response to our GAME ON Contest, Brandon Vargas sent us his recipe for his JUICY BABY BACK RIBS, and man don’t those look delicious?
Our GAME ON question was – Grilling or Barbecuing, Rub or Marinade and Brandon’s delicious recipe is for barbecuing with a rub.
Juicy Baby Back Ribs with a special rub and slowly bbq – by Brandon Vargas
JUICY BABY BACK RIBS
1. Prepare the rub:
4 teasp. Paprika
1 teasp. Cracked black pepper
1 teasp. Onion powder
1 teasp. Garlic powder
Combine & mix together
2. Remove the membrane from the bone side of the ribs. Using a paper towel as grip helps.
3. Coat both sides of the ribs with the rub.
4. Tightly cover the ribs in 2 layers of foil.
5. Pile coals on one side of the grill, and light (indirect)
6. When coals are white, place ribs on rack, on opposite side of coals, with bone side down. Cook covered for 30 min.
7. Turn ribs over (Note: Add coals to maintain heat) and cook for another 30 min.
8. Remove ribs and carefully remove from foil (lots of juice present)(Note: Add coals to maintain heat)
9. Place ribs bone down, opposite of coals, and brush on 3 teasp. of ‘Kinders mild BBQ sauce.’ Cook covered for 12 min.
10. Turn ribs over and brush 3 teasp. of BBQ sauce. Cook covered for 12 min.
11. Remove ribs & let sit for 10 min.
12. Cut individually & enjoy!
Because we have some asking what is the difference between Grill or BBQ we share this link to Kitchen Guru Ideas,
some good basic information can be found HERE. You have to appreciate their slogan, many will surely agree!
AN APRON IS JUST A CAPE ON BACKWARDS
More about Everything South City’s GAME ON CONTEST –
To enter, tell us if you prefer GRILL or BBQ, Rub or Marinade and be entered to win a $25 gift certificate to our local South City Grocery Outlet, thanks to owners Dave and Michelle Radcliffe, who are also our neighbors. Winners will be randomly chosen and announced Wednesday June. Send to News@EverythingSouthCity.com
GAME ON: Submit Father’s Day Grill / BBQ Recipe – Chance to Win Groceries!