South San Francisco, CA January 21, 2022
As of today, County Health reports 91.2% of South San Francisco residents age 5 and above have received at least the first dose of the vaccine, and 84.4% reported as being fully vaccinated. This is fantastic, reflecting a community-wide effort to protect our family and friends. Vaccine and booster shots are readily available – make the effort to stay fully protected against the highly contagious COVID omicron variant.
Please feel free to email CityInfo@ssf.net or call (650) 877-8502 if you have any general questions or concerns. We want to hear from you!
Covid-19 Testing Sites in SSF – Two Great Options!
Starting Monday, January 24th there will be a COVID testing site at 616 Linden Avenue, offering up to 2,000 tests per day. The site will be open from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Please pre-register for this testing site here, or you can register on-site. The testing is free and open to anyone and is sponsored by the City of South San Francisco and the County of San Mateo.
In partnership with the County and our City team, Mater Dolorosa Church (307 Willow Avenue) will host a testing mini bus beginning on Monday, January 24, 2022 from 8am-8pm. The site will run every Monday and Wednesday for a couple of months, dependent on the need. The site is walk up, with no appointment needed. A huge thank you to Mater Dolorosa Church and its pastor, Father Roland, for their service to our community!
It is vitally important to get tested if you show symptoms of having COVID-19 or if you have been exposed to someone who is positive for COVID-19, regardless of your vaccination status. Take advantage of these free, local COVID testing sites in South San Francisco, or any of the many other testing sites all over San Mateo County. More information on testing, when to get tested, isolation and quarantine can be found here.
COVID-19 Vaccines and Boosters
There are several opportunities to get vaccinated in South San Francisco through San Mateo County Health. Please get vaccinated so you and your loved ones can remain safe, and we can put this pandemic behind us all. In South San Francisco, you can get vaccinated at:
- South San Francisco Clinic – January 21st, 27th & 28th, 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Pfizer booster clinic for age 12 and older.
- Moderna and Johnson & Johnson booster clinic for age 18 and older.
- First- and second-dose Pfizer clinic for age 12 and older.
- First- and second-dose Moderna clinic for age 18 and older.
- Single-dose Johnson & Johnson clinic for 18 and older.
- The county mobile health clinic is operating in South San Francisco every Monday, 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the corner of Linden and Pine, offering vaccinations, flu shots and other health services.