South San Francisco, CA May 1, 2023 by John Horgan
Six individuals will be inducted into the Peninsula Sports Hall of Fame on the evening of June 22 at the San Mateo County History Museum in downtown Redwood City.
The inductees are:
- David Bakhtiari A Serra High School graduate who has become an all-pro offensive lineman for the NFL’s Green Bay Packers.
- Nicole Quigley-Borg An alum of Capuchino High School and College of San Mateo who is the head coach of CSM’s state champion softball program.
- Horace Hinshaw A sports journalist in Pacifica who has promoted that community’s athletic achievements for more than a half-century.
- Mike Lewis A track and field coach who has mentored and developed dozens of state champions at College of San Mateo and Skyline College.
- Eddie Mack An outstanding athlete at San Mateo High School and College of San Mateo who is a post-World War II track and field legend at Cal Poly-SLO.
- Maddy Price A Menlo School grad who has become a world-class track and field athlete as a member of the Canadian National Team.
The June event begins with a reception at the museum at 5:30 p.m. Advance tickets ($20 for museum members, $35 for non-members) are available from museum officials. Call them at 650-299-0104.
Since 1989 when the Hall of Fame made its debut, 300 Peninsula sports figures have been inducted. Hall of Fame plaques are on display at the museum.