South San Francisco, CA November 6, 2016 by Jim McGuire, President Board of Directors SSF Chamber of Commerce
As President of the Board of Directors, it is my duty to make the bitter-sweet announcement of the retirement of our CEO, Maria Martinucci.
Maria has formally announced her retirement from the South San Francisco Chamber of Commerce effective spring 2017.
Maria has been the CEO of our Chamber since November 1, 2006. During this time, Maria has done an astounding job in increasing membership, making the Chamber financially secure and being the true “face” of our community among local businesses. Maria is known not only in South San Francisco, but throughout San Mateo County. Maria will be a tough act to follow, but the show must go on….
The Executive Board of Directors has formed a Search Committee for our next CEO. A formal job posting will be available online – on our very own website as well as other websites such as indeed.com and CalChamber.com.
Qualified candidates will be selected to meet with our Interview Committee by December.
To submit your resume and for a complete Job Description, Position Overview, and more information, CLICK HERE.
Chamber of Commerce CEO
South San Francisco Chamber of Commerce – South San Francisco, CA 94080
The South San Francisco Chamber of Commerce is seeking a dynamic, entrepreneurial, community-focused leader to fill the role of Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The ideal candidate will have the ability and vision to help bring the organization forward and ensure the Chamber remains relevant in the changing environment.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO), is a key representative and advocate for business owners and employers; accountable for providing executive leadership, strategic direction and vision for the development and fulfillment of the Chamber’s mission. The CEO is responsible for the overall management and success of the Chamber; it’s funding, members, employees, programs, and events. The CEO reports to a Board of Directors including an Executive Board. The CEO is the official spokesperson for the Chamber and is actively involved in community wide business and economic related issues and events as well as effectively advocating for business at local, state, and regional government levels. As liaison, the CEO must interact and achieve high visibility with city, county and state elected officials, schools, and several community organizations, thus nurturing its mission that the South San Francisco Chamber of Commerce is a membership organization which promotes business and economic development through meaningful programs, responsible leadership and effective communication
Several key areas of focus of the Chief Executive Officer include but are not limited to:
Develop and implement new programs/incentives for sustained revenue growth
Move the Chamber forward by increasing membership and technology in a changing business environment
Retain and increase membership
Become the trusted face of the Chamber and main point of contact with business leaders and elected officials within the community, city, county and state.
· Demonstrated leadership and motivation in an organization and within a community with an ability to communicate effectively across a wide variety of individuals in order to collaborate with diverse groups and interests;
· Strong financial management and fiscal skills;
· Excellent communication skills (oral and written) , a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and group presentations;
· Strong marketing, public relations and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and industries to grow membership;
· Strong knowledge of social media, computer systems, programs, outlook, internet;
· Success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships and effectiveness;
· Must be hands on and willing to do anything that needs to be done in the day-to-day operations of the Chamber;
· Bachelor’s Degree in business related field preferable;
· A valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and insurance necessary for required travel to meetings and events;
· Must be flexible and willing to work nights, week-ends;
· Must be willing to travel out of town for occasional meetings and events;
· A keen sense of humor is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time