South San Francisco, CA October 8, 2019 Submitted by Debbie Gehret, SMCHD
San Mateo County Harbor District Board of Harbor Commissioners
“To assure the public is provided with clean, safe, well-managed, financially sound and environmentally pleasant marinas.”
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
October 16, 2019
Oyster Point Yacht Club 911 Marina Blvd.
South San Francisco, CA 94080
All Harbor District Commission regular meetings are recorded and posted at www.PacificCoast.tv within 48 hours of the meeting. Pacifica residents can tune into Comcast Channel 26 and residents from Montara through Pescadero can tune into Comcast Channel 27. Copies of the meetings can also be purchased from PCT and mailed for $18.
Persons requiring special accommodation with respect to disability are directed to make such requests per the Americans With Disabilities Act to the Deputy Secretary to the Board at 650-583-4400, 48 hours in advance.
A) Roll Call
- Public Comments/Questions
The Public may directly address the Board of Harbor Commissioners for a limit of three (3) minutes, unless a request is granted for more time, on any item of public interest within the subject matter jurisdiction of the San Mateo County Harbor District, that is not on the Regular Agenda. If a member of the public wishes to address the Board on an agenda item, it is requested that a speaker card be completed and given to the Deputy Secretary. The Chair will call your name at the appropriate time. Agenda material may be reviewed at the administration offices of the District, 504 Avenue Alhambra, Ste. 200, El Granada, CA 94018 or online at www.smharbor.com.
2. Commissioner Comments
Commissioners may make public statements limited to five (5) minutes.
- Commissioners Chang Kiraly and Mattusch report out regarding attendance at CSDA conference.
3. Committee Updates
- Climate Change Resilience
- Governance and Policy
- Oyster Point Liaison
- Social Media/Public Outreach
- Wildlife Protection
Ad Hoc Committees
- General Manager Search
- General Counsel Search
- Strategic Plan
- Office Design
All items on Consent are approved by one motion unless a Commissioner requests at the beginning of the meeting that an item be withdrawn or transferred to Discussion. Any item on Discussion may be transferred to Consent.
ITEMS PULLED FROM CONSENT WILL BE HEARD AFTER DISCUSSION ITEMS.
- Bills and Claims (van Hoff)
Recommendation: Review Pre-Approved Bills and Claims in the amount of
$260,869.07. Pre-Approve $500,000 in Bills and Claims until next meeting.
- Minutes – Special Meeting September 25, 2019 (Gehret) Recommendation: Approve Minutes of the Special Meeting of September 18,
- Minutes – Special Meeting October 3, 2019 (Gehret) Recommendation: Approve Minutes of the Special Meeting of October 3, 2019
4. Monthly Capital Projects Update (Moren)
Receive and file.
Receive and file.
- Oyster Point Dragons Operations Update; Presentation (Moren) Information only, no action required. Receive update on the operations of the Oyster Point Dragons, a non-profit organization promoting community involvement in human powered dragon boat
7. Commercial Activity Permit Application for Tideline Marine Group, Inc. to Operate as a Commuter Ferry Service out of Oyster Point Marina for the Remainder of 2019 (Moren)
Recommendation: The San Mateo County Harbor District Board of Harbor Commissioners consider approval of the Commercial Activity Permit application for Tideline Marine Group, Inc. to operate a private commuter ferry service at Oyster Point Marina for the remainder of 2019.
8. CalPERS Out-of-Class Appointment – John Moren (van Hoff)
- Discuss District General Counsel Hiring Process and Provide Direction to Staff, or Approve Appointment of District Counsel (van Hoff) Recommendation: Direction to
Recommendation: Approve Policy 1.1.1 San Mateo County Harbor District Code of Ethics and Values.
11. Policy for Board Meeting Agenda; Recommend Adoption (Governance & Policy Committee)
Recommendation: Review information from District Counsel and staff regarding current policies in other governmental entities. Adopt Policy 3.3 ‘Board Meeting Agenda.’
12. Sexual & Unlawful Harassment Policy; Recommend Adoption (van Hoff)
Recommendation: Eliminate current Policy 6.2.5 ‘Harassment, Discrimination and Retaliation Prevention.’ Adopt and replace current Policy with Policy 6.2.5 Sexual & Unlawful Harassment Policy.
Recommendation: Discuss possible amendments to Policy 3.0 ‘Policy on Standing Committees’. Motion may include direction to revise this policy.
E) Discussion/Action on Pulled Consent Items (if any)
- Future Agenda Items
The next Regular meeting will be held on November 20, 2019 at the
San Mateo County Harbor District Office, 504 Avenue Alhambra, Ste. 200, El Granada, CA 94018 at 6:30 PM.
Agenda posted as required: October 9, 2019 at 11:45 AM